Century CC 9228 & Mercury CC 1240

Arlenedow

We are sailing on Century April 24 and will be in CC 9228 Vista Deck and sailing on Mercury Nov. 2 and will be in CC 1240 on Sky Deck. Does anyone have any knowlege of either or both of these cabins? I'm concerned about noise on Sky Deck.

Thanks,

Arlene

I have had CC class on the sky decks including 1240 and 1200. While I prefer 1200 because of the slightly larger veranda, and more privacy I love them both.

You do get some noise if there are passengers playing in the basketball courts, there are also ping pong tables near the entry way.Generally its not a problem but in one instance we had a group of rowdy church kids from a Southern Baptist or something trip and their mouths needed a good soap washing, but that was the only time.

Now the verandas are semi-private. If you go up to deck 14 (13) you are able to stand at the rail and look down into the verandas. 1240 is a bit less private as you can stand at the angle and see/been seen by those on the basketball court or on the deck...in others words you could hand stuff back and forth around the privacy wall if you wanted....But we have never really found this a problem except for the initial shock when I went out side in my 'Scooby-doo' boxers with coffee in hand and realized someone was poking their head around the wall to see what was there. so I just learned to stay by the short wall when I sat out in the buff to even out some tan lines.:D

Ocassionally you might hear people running on deck 14 (13), but that doesn't happen very often unless there are lots of teens which seem to find that deck a great 'getaway' spot from parents.

I think you'll be fine. While we love the verandas we are always dissapointed in how much WE actually use them, as we like to participate in a lot of the activities...however breakfast on your veranda, while you are coming into port is pretty nice.

Hope that helped a little.

Dave:eek:

We were just in room 1241 (just like 1240) on the Galaxy. It was very nice. We have a bunch of pictures at on our photo site (click here).

We did hear a little noise from the deck above in the mornings, but not too objectionable. They have a sign about "no jogging" on that deck, but a few people still walked there. While there isn't privacy towards the outside of the Veranda, there is privacy for the first four or five feet - similar to, or better than, standard CC cabins. Plus you have the extra space.

We wouldn't hesitate to take this cabin again if we had the chance!

Archived