Catalina Island

What is there to do on catalina Island. I thought about kayaking or snorkeling. I have my own snorkel gear but I'd want to go to a beach that has lockers or somewhere that I could keep my money and camera safe while I'm out in the water.

Any suggestions?

I travel on the Costa Mediterranea on March 11!

• 2 weeks later...

Isle Catalina, Dominican Republic

Catalina is a small island off the south shore of Dominican Republic. Our large section of the island featured a beautiful white sand beach (about a half-mile expanse), palm trees, free beach chairs, and umbrellas. Snorkeling was available along the left side of the beach next to a 12-foot cliff. A BBQ lunch, featuring hamburgers, hotdogs, ribs, chicken, salads, fruits, deserts, and drinks, was served by Celebrity beginning at 11:30am. Large tents with picnic tables were provided. No host bars, beach volleyball, and nice bathroom facilities were available. A quarter-mile walk past the restrooms to the old pier found you amongst cactus, scrub brush, lizards and nice views of the beach and ship. We were not bothered by locals selling trinkets unless you ventured past security into the shopping hut area. Shops, numbered 1 to 15, were located on the far right side of the beach. They were very aggressive. Snorkeling was uneventful but the water was very clear and comfortable. We returned to the ship at 2:10 and received a cold towel to refresh ourselves upon arrival. This was a free beach day excursion on Celebrity and a very enjoyable day at that.

Here are our Secrets of the Caribbean!

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

These are our very detailed personal reviews, hints, and tips for ports of call that you will be visiting.

• 5 months later...

It is actually not a private island. It is a national park. I visited it on a non-cruise as a surface interval on a diving trip. On days when a cruise ship is in, the cruiselines might rent out a section of beach (I did see an area with chairs set up), but anyone can stop on the island. I have a few pictures of the island on my website at http://www.pbase.com/2112

Archived