Pearl-catagory G-obstructed view?

Pamywyner

Anyone stay in these staterooms? Found a great price on deck 8 with 'obstructed view'. Would these be windows or portholes? We usually just stay in an inside cabin and really don't mind the poor view but, just curious. Looking at cabin 8058. Anyone familiar? Thank you!

Your cabin will have a picture window with a lifeboat hanging in front of it....you'll get indirect natural light, but little, if any, view. If you're happy with an inside cabin, you'll enjoy the G category stateroom even more!

Have a great time!

Just got of the Pearl on 2/25th. We had cabins 8050, 8052, 8054 & 8056. The best cabin was 8050 because the life boat was smaller than the others, but the windows were only partially covered by the bottoms of the boat. You can still see out all of these four windows to see light, water and some land. Take the bargain, we did and it paid off!!

dymond girl...we are going to be in 8052 next month and I selected that cabin because it did not list any % of obstruction. Does it have a window or a porthole? And is there a lifeboat there?

Dymondgrl, we booked cabins 8058 and 8060. I read a review that said those cabins were noisey because of banging metal that they thought were the lifeboats. Did you notice this while you were trying to sleep? Did you say we'd have a window or porthole?? Thanks!!

Friends have cabin 8060 or 8062 and they were labeled for 4 people but NCL site is not showing this. They picked one for 4 since the 3rd person was not sure if she wanted to climb up or use pull out betwen the other beds. Is it possible that they would allow 3 people to book a cabin that is designed for 2 people?

Hi Pamywyner, All of the staterooms on the 8th floor have widows or they are balcony staterooms. I did not notice any banging from the life boats, but had to close my curtain when dressing as, one day the crew were maintaining the life boats, other than that I never saw or heard anything out my window. To kdg51, I had room 8050 which had the best view, my son was in 8052 and had a full window, but the life boat was in window half way down, still you could see if it was raining or sunny out, the same for cabins 8054 and 8056. I can tell you that 8050 had an over head bed as well as a pullout bed under one of the twins. 8052 was the same, 8054 had two over head beds and 8056 was a cabin for two. Hope this helps.

Archived