Missing Passenger on Valor (title edited 03/07/07)

azsunshine

I'm sorry but if i missed the ship and was left on the Island with my family still on board, i think i would go directly to the police, port authorites or somebody who could get me in touch, i wouldn't get a hotel, sightsee and have lunch and then act shocked when I found out people were lookng for me.:eek:

caribbean dreams,

You might if you didn't have your passport with you. Just owning one doesn't help; you have to be able to present it.

If that's how it really went down, I think it's rather cool. Why let something get you so freaked out and hysterical? I like the fact that she enjoyed this new little adventure instead of panicking. Yeah, I would definitely have let my family know I was ok...but rock on sister! :D

We just never know....people can have a "breakdown"...or they could have an underlying mental condition or drinking/drug problem before they went on the ship...or a family situation going on where the woman decided to bail out or something

Newspapers do not usually report suicides unless a person is famous but the truth is that some suicides will check into a hotel...or onto a cruise ship...years ago an older neighbor of ours did this, he checked into a hotel and killed himself....turns out he was diagnosed with cancer on top of mounting financial problems/possible fraud ; he was a lawyer but he and his accountant were under investigation....so he went to a hotel to "make it easier" on his wife is what everyone said....pretty hard on the hotel

I personally think that MOST of the missing people from cruiseships are a similar story....and that most of the rest are just (drunken) accidents.

There is probably more to this story than meets the eye, but when private citizens have meltdowns they don't get reported, when Britany Spears has a similar meltdown it makes all the tabloids and the internet and entertainment shows keep repeating it. IMHO this lady had a Britney moment...or else a Stella got her Grove Back moment LOL

"What happens in St Martin stays in St Martin" >>?? LOL

Archived