a couple of questions

alibee

I am sailing Seabourn to the Mediterranean this summer and we are bringing anther couple with us I hve saied Seabourn before and I am a bit confused by the referral cards I have a referral card and I was told by Seabourn that if we sail together we will both get the $400 shipboard credit for that cruise Is this not right? Shoudl I clarify this with them? Otherwise i will use my AMEX Platinum shipboard credit.

Finally, I asked for an A1 cabin guarantee and was told by my travel agent that Seabourn was not selling those cabins with guaranatees. Is this possible?? Her explanation was that I could only get a guarnatee if the category is sold out. Is that true?

Your help is most appreciated. This board is very helpful.

If you have a $400 referral coupon both you and your guest, if they submit the card (and it is up to them to do it!), get the $400 on board credit.

As for Guarantees, actually the reverse is true. Guarantees are offered when the sailing opens (along with specific suites), so if there are no Guarantees available it is because there are none left.

If you are sailing this summer, I hope you have your bookings already...or don't delay too long. Don't wait, as there is really limited availability (and if you were thinking about waiting for a Guarantee...well now you know not to!)

If you have a $400 referral coupon both you and your guest, if they submit the card (and it is up to them to do it!), get the $400 on board credit.

As for Guarantees, actually the reverse is true. Guarantees are offered when the sailing opens (along with specific suites), so if there are no Guarantees available it is because there are none left.

If you are sailing this summer, I hope you have your bookings already...or don't delay too long. Don't wait, as there is really limited availability (and if you were thinking about waiting for a Guarantee...well now you know not to!)

On the Guarantee question--something has changed--I always booked A1 Gty in the past. On the trip I have booked for Feb next year I was informed when I booked, that I would have to pick a suite--no Gty. On my cruise a few weeks ago I tried again with the booking agent on board to get a Gty for the Feb 08 cruise--he said can't do it-- I must pick a suite. When I booked, I was the first person who booked the Feb 08 cruise--that was about a year ago. I think there has been some sort of a change in policy. Don

I can't attest to what happens on board, but I know whenever I am looking for suites I always look at the guarantee options and can work an assignment versus a guarantee when available.

You should remember that not all cruises necessarily have guarantees available and guarantees for singles are different than guarantees for double occupancy.

On the Guarantee question--something has changed--I always booked A1 Gty in the past. On the trip I have booked for Feb next year I was informed when I booked, that I would have to pick a suite--no Gty. On my cruise a few weeks ago I tried again with the booking agent on board to get a Gty for the Feb 08 cruise--he said can't do it-- I must pick a suite. When I booked, I was the first person who booked the Feb 08 cruise--that was about a year ago. I think there has been some sort of a change in policy. Don

We had the same thing, as soon as the itineraries came out we tried to book a gty and were told they would not be available until most of the same category suites had been sold, so we had to book a particular suite.

Kathryn

In March 2006, we booked, on board the Spirit, for January 2008 South America......no Gtys available even that far out!! We had to pick a suite too....and on the "poor peoples floor" we only had about 4 to choose from! ;)

In March 2006, we booked, on board the Spirit, for January 2008 South America......no Gtys available even that far out!! We had to pick a suite too....and on the "poor peoples floor" we only had about 4 to choose from! ;)

Po Granny and Grampa :( Stuck on the Pride for 72 days. :D Why I declare! And on the Po Folks Deck croozin with all those nice ladies and gentlemen. :p

I also noticed that you changed your avitar with that cannon pointed at the Spirit :eek:

PeaSea8ch....I have been using that avatar ever since I learned to make an avatar! do you think its time I changed it?....oh maybe not.....I am away from home for 6 months and don't think I have that avatar thingy on my laptop.....

Adolfo......I know, its going to be very tough suffering 72 days on the Pride...I just don't know how we are going to manage it.......I also don't know how we are going to get back to normality after we get thrown off! :(

Archived