bugs and mosquito's

texascots

That depends on what you mean by "concerned." You won't get malaria or dengue fever or any other illness from our mosquitoes. If there is a breeze you won't be bothered by mosquitoes. But if you get off your tourbus for any length of time outside of cities, you will probably want to have Off with you. You might never see a mosquito, but why risk being miserable when $6 can keep you bug free?

At Denali NP near Wonder Lake the mosquitos can be bad. Other than that, I never noticed them.

But at Wonder Lake, you really want 100% DEET and/or a mosquito net. Don't just get the regular Off. At the very least, get the Backwoods version. But 100% DEET is best (various manufacturers/brands - not sure if OFF has this or not).

If you are staying anywhere in one spot for long, like camping at Wonder Lake as we did last year, the Off Power Pad lanterns are fantastic. It was so good we could take our mosquito nets off. I was so impressed I am taking it again this year with refills!

As opposed to Traveling Fools, I was in Alaska (late June/early July 1990 - Inside Passage stops, Denali, Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai Peninsula) and saw all of 1 mosquito the whole trip. It was also 91 in Fairbanks and 85 in Pennsylvania.

Archived