Coco Bongo- nightlife

Bethwte

Hey there. I was just wondering if any of you have been to Coco Bongo? It looks really cool, but also seems a bit pricey (at least for me as a college student) so I just want to make sure it's going to be a good time before my friend and I payed to go.

Also, any other recommendations on the nightlife there? (We'll be there for a week, not on a cruise or anything). Thanks :D

for me, the music was okay ... and the shows were a bit cheesy (bit I tend to think that about a lot of the entertainment in cancun).

The club prices will range from about $20 - $45 with the larger clubs such as Coco Bongos being at the high end of the range.

Some other larger clubs:

Daddy'O

The City

Medium Sized

Daddy Rock

Carlos n charlies

Senor Frogs

With Senor Frogs ... and I believe Carlos N Charlies too, if you go before the club action starts for dinner, you can just stay and avoid the cover charge. I think that change over is 8 or 9 pm .. I kinda can't remember. :eek:

Pat O'Briens does a Marti Gras party mid week, Margaritaville sometimes get a good crowd going into the night. These two sit side by side.

Rumor has it that Fat Tuesday's has recently re-opened.

Most clubs have an all you can drink option since drinks don't come cheap, it can pay off. You'll also see planes with banners flying by that will advertise specials going on at different clubs that night, including ladies nights (with discounted drinks or prices).

I think I enjoy The City & Senor Frogs ... but what ever you do .. do't go down the slide.

have a great trip!

• 4 months later...
Now I gotta know!!! What happens if you go down the slide?

you land in the lagoon. There's supposedly a net around the slide area to keep the crocs away ... but mostly the water is usually quite nasty smelling and looking ... very different from the clear blue oceans.

Archived