Is RC turning into Carnival????

I'm fresh off (today)the Splendour of sea (Galveston) 5 night cruise. My first with RCL. It was great and quite, I did not hear one foul word the whole trip. There where no wild unruly people of any age. My boys are 8 and 11. The kids clubs had very few kids:eek: really shocking the last 2 years we have cruised with Disney (tons of kids). We enjoyed it so much we booked for next year voyager of the seas for 7 night 3/9/08 we will be cancelling our Disney cruise for 2008.

It sounds like some of you have had some really bad expericenes I know the voyagager is a bigger ship, I hope my luck holds up for a pleasant cruise next year.:o

HA! I was reading this thread out loud to DH just now, and would say, "Oh, look honey, running through the hallways and knocking elderly people over. What would YOU do?"......."trip the little monsters".....:D And, so forth.

DH is the guy, when he's out to lunch with his friends at the pizza place, who is assigned to "kid duty". He has a very mean way of staring and intimidating just about anybody.

However, 800 would have outnumbered him. I would spend a lot of time on Deck 5 outside on that kind of cruise.

And, the eating on the floor in the 'Jammer? We would have BOTH "accidentally" kicked plates, glasses, and fingers. With many apologies, etc., but they'd get it again the next time, too.

Ignoring this behavior implies it's OK to do it.

One guy posted a long time ago about how he would walk up to these kids and tell them he knew their cabin numbers and was going to report them to their parents. That works with the younger, not drunk ones.

Very Sad... Perhaps you should take it up with the parents or the cruise ship officials? I don't think it is your place to step on fingers / toes etc... especially if they are children. Treating childish behavior with childish behavior will get you no where.

Spring break can be rough on either of these two lines.

Very Sad... Perhaps you should take it up with the parents or the cruise ship officials? I don't think it is your place to step on fingers / toes etc... especially if they are children. Treating childish behavior with childish behavior will get you no where.

Spring break can be rough on either of these two lines.

In defense of pcur, I think many of us just think these things and don't do them. I'm sure that's what she was expressing in pure sarcasm. She's not really stepping on fingers literally. She's just as frustrated as many of us are when parents don't control their children. I've been fortunate to not witness any unruley behavior by children on ships. But if I did, I'd probably be thinking "bad" thoughts! :eek:

Archived