Spa Appointments

Prince

Has anyone had a similar experience.....? I am sailing on the QM2 later this month and had contacted the Canyon Ranch a few months ago with some spa requests. I received an email reply stating that spa requests could not be confirmed at that time and to check when I got on the ship.

I was wondering if anyone has received a similar reply--and if so did it mean that when you got there--you would receive your confirmations or when you got there--you were out of luck and could have what ever was left over....

Thanks

Prince....I made 5 spa appts for 3 of us about 4-5 weeks prior to sailing last Dec. I called Canyon Ranch QM2 Spa Club and made them on the phone. The woman siad basically the same thing to me....that she would make the appts but that we shou;d confirm them as soon as we got onboard in case of changes. I never had to do that as our confirmations were in our door mail box when we arrive at the cabin the first time.

I'd call them and speak with a person...not email. You are close enough to sailing that there should be no problem. maybe you tried too early the first time. Enjoy your trip on QM2...she's wonderful!

Cheers, Penny

When we cruised in December, all advance spa reservations had to be made prior than I believe 21 days before sailing. We made ours by phone, but were told that they could not confirm until you were onboard. I asked why they could not confirm, and based on what I gathered, it appears that grill guests can "bump" non-grill guests when they are contacted by the concierge to make plans prior to sailing.

That said, many of our requested times and dates were honored. I had requested some times for my daughter and I to have manicures and massages together (she is only 13), and once onboard, found that our appointments were apart (even though I had told them her age) and could not be scheduled together, so I cancelled. I was a little dissappointed since I had called approximately 2 months in advance.

Hello - I am traveling with a group of 12 people on the April 2nd QM2 trip and had no trouble pre-booking spa appointments. I simply called Canyon Ranch in Las Vegas and they were able to confirm 20 massages for my group during our time on board.

Elliott

...check-in right after you're called to stations for the life-jacket drill.

You'll be in the same deck and all you have to do is walk to Canyon Ranch.

Last June we made "reservations" by-phone in advance and found when we were on-board that they had lost them and that they were not reservations, as you noted.

In January I made the reservations a couple months out, then called close to 21 days out and then checked-in after drill. We had no problems, but it was comforting to make sure.

That said, on the long trips it isn't such a big deal. There seems to be plenty of room. But on the shorter trips, it is a good idea to book in advance.

I HIGHLY recommend "Dr. Sam", their chiropractor.

Archived