Booking for 4 or 5

jtdl

My daughter wants to bring a friend with her, but with teenagers who knows who her best friend will be a year from now! So I thought if we booked one of the balcony cabins that allows 5 people (since the fare for the 3rd, 4th and 5th people are the same) we could add on the 5th later or only go with the 4 of us. Anyone know if that is possible? I really don't want to call Carnival and ask, as I had one of their reps call me daily for a week after I sent in an email request for pricing even after I told him I was just curious as to the price and not even sure we wanted to cruise.

I booked a room for my husband and I and then I booked a room for my three children to share. A couple of weeks later, my son's best friend wanted to go, so I called the rep and she changed the room. He was charged as the 4th person to the room. The rep told me it was no problem as long as there was a room available.

My daughter wants to bring a friend with her, but with teenagers who knows who her best friend will be a year from now! So I thought if we booked one of the balcony cabins that allows 5 people (since the fare for the 3rd, 4th and 5th people are the same) we could add on the 5th later or only go with the 4 of us. Anyone know if that is possible? I really don't want to call Carnival and ask, as I had one of their reps call me daily for a week after I sent in an email request for pricing even after I told him I was just curious as to the price and not even sure we wanted to cruise.

you can leave the persons name as tba - then fill it in up to the day before the cruise - because it is a tba - they won't charge you since there is not a technical name change...

secondly, he may be trying to make sure you get the best price, most of the time the pvp's will have promo's that aren't published - just a thought...

Like the poster said, you can add an additional person if the proper cabin size is available at that time. I booked two connecting cabins for two people each on my next trip. We upped one cabin to three, so they had to find two connecting cabins - one double and one triple. They have a limited number of cabins to hold 5, so you take a risk of not having one available.

you can leave the persons name as tba - then fill it in up to the day before the cruise - because it is a tba - they won't charge you since there is not a technical name change...

secondly, he may be trying to make sure you get the best price, most of the time the pvp's will have promo's that aren't published - just a thought...

You can only leave a name as a TBA (to be announced) up until the point when final payment is due. When you make final payment, all berths must be assigned a name.

Archived