room question

rtrtx2

we are doing repo cruise on crown this Oct. with our sons 15 & 17, currently booked in a quad outside (we are use to doing quads even when its tight), but with the first three days being at sea, I am thinking a balcony might be a good idea. My question, what are the room configurations for a quad balcony cabin? The picture shows the twin/queen, but I can't really see where the two additional would be placed. I am assuming they are the bunks. I am playing with the option of a mini suite as I like the extra space and the fact the couch serves as a bed. I assume a bunk folds down above the couch for the 4th, am I correct? The suite will be about $1000 more than a balcony, opinions? Are balconies about the same size?

I did the repo cruise last October in a mini-suite on the Crown. With four you would have two in the regular bed(s) depending on whether you want twins or a queen. Then the sofa becomes a bed. If you pick the right cabin - ours did not have one, you can probably get a fourth berth that comes out of the ceiling. Just be careful and look at the diagrams carefully when choosing a cabin. Otherwise they can bring a cot in for that fourth person.

The balcony was a nice size that fit four people non problem. (We sailed with two other couples and 6 on one verandah fit but it could get squishy - four was easy.) I would recommend it especially since your boys aren't little.

Archived