Large inside cabins on QE2?

wardline

I have been studying QE2's deck plans recently to choose a cabin for a 2005 cruise . . . are any inside cabins 160 s.f. or larger? I am currently booked on a 200 s.f. inside cabin on CARONIA. It seems spacious cabins on QE2 do not exist, if the scale of drawing is accurate.

Which QE2 inside cabins are the biggest?

The QE2 is an older ship, and the configurations of her various cabins are impossible to make out based on her deck plan. When we sailed on her two years ago, our inside cabin was tiny - long and narrow. It was a D cabin on one of the lower decks. I had no complaints since I rarely spend any time in my cabin, except to dress and sleep, and since I was sharing it with my 10 year old son. However, if the size of your cabin is a consideration, I would advise you to book a higher grade cabin and shoulder the extra expense.

Almost all inside cabins on QE2 are tiny. There are a handful of slightly larger ones in the bow and other areas that have 3 beds or 3 beds and a bunk that are a bit larger. These are often offered as a double, but from what I can remember, when I was offered them they were so far up front I was worried about movement.

It really doesn't matter how big your cabin in. You really WILL not be spending much time in it. I enjoyed by 78 square foot inside single despite the tiny size and would book it again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by catandave:

I found the following site to be very useful:

http://www.deluxecruises.com/cunard/information

then follow the links to QE2 and her deckplans and cabin sizes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

=========================================

catanddave, is it just me or AOL? but I cannot get this page to load. I get the message it doesn't exist, even with cutting off the cunard part of the address. Edithe in Dallas TEXAS USA

This appears to be another one of life's mysteries.

We have booked for a QE2 cruise to the med this August and we used this site to decide upon the cabin we wanted. In fact we saved the address to our favorites and have visited several times. It seems strange that the site is totally inaccessible. Like you, I have tried many combinations and even though a search through Google found the websites I was not able to connect.

• 3 months later...

I had an inside cabin on Deck 4 a couple of years ago that measured about 170 square feet. Don't remember the number, but it was right at the end, midships.

I have sailed on this ship four times in recent years, and have always had an inside == some are larger than others, and some are laid out differently. but I have never felt "cramped" or closed in with any of them.

There are so many great public rooms on this ship that no one stays in his/her cabin very much except to shower and to sleep. Don't worry about the size.

Just enjoy one of the finest ships afloat!

love

joan

Inside cabins range from 107 to 155 sq ft.
I think some of the two berth (upper/lower) and/or singles are even a bit smaller than 107 sq ft? I think I recall something in the 90 sq ft range, at least, and maybe smaller.

155 sq ft is not a bad size at all - in fact if well designed it can seem quite large. I gather there are not too many that size though. Average seems to be 110-120 sq ft range, very small for the longer cruises she now does though probably fine for a six-day crossing.

She had inside cabins for two (upper/lower) that were 66 sq ft! Yipes!
I'd forgotten about those... When she retired from NCL those had to be the smallest pax cabins on any major cruise line, by far.

But in 1997 P&O still had CANBERRA where half the cabins did not have private facilities!

Archived