Totally confused about trip insurance

cruiseobsessed

We are sailing on the Glory on July 21. I just booked my own air to Orlando. What kind of insurance do I get that will be reasonable but will still cover medivacs and cancellations? I read several websites, but I am obviously not the brightest bulb on the tree as I can't figure out the plans to save my life. I would be so grateful if you all could tell me which plans you've been happy with in the past. Thanks so much!

Go to the website insuremytrip.com and look at some of the policies available. You can even put up two or three or more to compare at one time. The plans tell you what is covered so you just need to see which best applies to you. I have used several different plans in the past depending on the length of the cruise, etc. Thank goodness, I have never had to use one but I had it just in case. TG23

travel girl23 has given you some good advice. This web site will allow you to compare the policies of several different companies to find the one right for you. You will want to look for plans that cover pre-exisiting conditions, amount of coverage per incident, amount for medivac back to US, and if you want to cancel for any reason. Most of the plans are from OK companies but as with anything you'll hear good and bad with any of them. We too have never had to use oure but wouldn't leave home without it. Good luck.........

I've used cruise ins. twice. due to injuries which reoccur. I have had RCCL insurance both times, and never a problem. Doctor filled out a form, and they even covered the flight penality for the fact I booked a flight separately and would be charged $100 per ticket to rebook. I had no receipt for that, as it was to occur in the future, and they were very nice about it and said, "Oh send us an email with the explanation of the penality." A few days later I received my cruise refund and the $200 penality for the flight. Good experience.

Cruiseobsessed,

As others said, Insuremytrip.com is the best source of information.

Additionally, 99% of all professionals will tell you to always buy insurance from a private company and NOT from the cruiseship. It often costs more and definitely gives you less protection in a variety of circumstances. I see that letsgosomewhere had a positive experience and that's great. But generally speaking, it's still safer to buy from an independent company.

I HATE to pay insurance But when it came down to a bad horse back riding experince where i was thown, It paid for all of my co pays and deductables, not to mention rehab.

I was thown from a horse and broke my Sacrum, lower vertebe was crushed, and my pelvas.

It paid for everything and I'm thankful I bought the insurance.

DAve:eek:

I too was confused about trip insurance and have never bought it in the past, but I did for this upcoming trip for various reasons but mainly because I am getting paranoid as I grow older. I went to insuremytrip.com and bought Travelex Travelite policy. Covers medivac and medical expenses primary and trip cancellation and was pretty inexpensive. For a family of 4 only $152.00. So I can now rest easy. Call them they are more than happy to explain it to you.

We are sailing on the Glory on July 21. I just booked my own air to Orlando. What kind of insurance do I get that will be reasonable but will still cover medivacs and cancellations? I read several websites, but I am obviously not the brightest bulb on the tree as I can't figure out the plans to save my life. I would be so grateful if you all could tell me which plans you've been happy with in the past. Thanks so much!

That is why you should have a TA that is looking out for YOU! A 'good' TA will look out for you and recommend travel insurance that will provide the insurance that you need, that you might want to consider, etc. explain the differences in coverages and the cost of the different options and then let you decide - NO PRESSURE. That is why with a good TA you always get the best overall package. A TA provides SERVICE and the best price. If you have the right one. BUT I recommed that no one travel without "some" level of travel insurance. These things have a way of catching up with you when you can least afford them.

Archived