Advice on when to get passports....

I plan on getting passports for my children for our November cruise. I know the wait times are 10+ weeks right now. I'm wondering if doing it now (or in the next few weeks) will only add to the congestion. Especially since I don't need them for seven months. Or should I possibly wait until early summer to apply when most people would already have them for summer vacations.

I agree, why wait? Human nature being what it is, I'd wager there will likely be many people waiting until the last minute when they MUST comply, and the congestion will get worse, not better, as the deadline approaches...JMO. :-)

Don't Wait!!! With it being mandatory to get a passport to cruise in 2008, the wait times are not going to get any smaller, in fact, they may get worse.

After enduring an up and down roller coaster of estimated arrival dates over the last two months, I can only say DO IT NOW!!!

I seriously believe the sooner you apply the better off you will be. Don't think it's going to get any less ``congested'' if you wait until summer. You know you need them and want to get them. I'd do it now and get the paper work over with to give you ample time to get them back.

Paper work can get lost; passports can come back wrong and have to be re-issued -- any number of problems can occur (but thankfully don't occur very often).

Dianne

Archived