onboard booking credit- RCCI on X?

thepeacha

Hello, if we book a RCCI cruise while aboard a X criuse, do we get shipboard credit? I adore X but RCCI has the trip we are looking for, please let me know if this can be done, thanks.

Yes, they do! I booked my last cruise on RCCL (my first..last Jan) while on a Celebrity cruise. Got the $100 cabin credit.

Have fun!

Edited to add the Celebrity cruise was in 2006 and the RCCI was 2007. A year has passed to it's possible that has changed.

But be advised == for all future bookings, the cabin credit is not what it used to be!

It is now based on the cost of the cruise, not the number of days. If you booked on board before March 1, however, you are "grandfathered" in at the old rate.

love

joan

But be advised == for all future bookings, the cabin credit is not what it used to be!

It is now based on the cost of the cruise, not the number of days. If you booked on board before March 1, however, you are "grandfathered" in at the old rate.

love

joan

Is this really the case? I don't think this is correct... Can anyone confirm this?

This was supposed to go into effect March 6th but they are still piddling with it. Naturally the FCS people and their bosses are against it because it basically gives them nothing to sell.

Under the new proposed plan, in order to get $200 in OBC, your cruise would have to total $7,000, without taxes or port fees. Least expensive would be $2,000 for a $50 OBC. Only amounts paid count, not number of days. This sucks. That's my opinion anyway.

Additionally, your bookings can not be switched between X and RCI. You make that choice when you book. If you book X, you can no longer decide to move it to an RCI sailing. But, until you actually select a sailing, your deposit is only $100. When you do book a cruise you pay the rest of the deposit.

I am told this is really coming. The FCS mgrs have all mostly been trained on this already. There is some internal bickering about it is the only reason it hasn't been implemented but I am assured it will be soon.

This was supposed to go into effect March 6th but they are still piddling with it. Naturally the FCS people and their bosses are against it because it basically gives them nothing to sell.

Under the new proposed plan, in order to get $200 in OBC, your cruise would have to total $7,000, without taxes or port fees. Least expensive would be $2,000 for a $50 OBC. Only amounts paid count, not number of days. This sucks. That's my opinion anyway.

Additionally, your bookings can not be switched between X and RCI. You make that choice when you book. If you book X, you can no longer decide to move it to an RCI sailing. But, until you actually select a sailing, your deposit is only $100. When you do book a cruise you pay the rest of the deposit.

I am told this is really coming. The FCS mgrs have all mostly been trained on this already. There is some internal bickering about it is the only reason it hasn't been implemented but I am assured it will be soon.

Based on what I read on the RCCL thread, and reading between the lines..., I think this is a new program and not a replacement of the previous one. Of course, I could be wrong. :o The new program is booking onboard with a $100 deposit non refundable toward a not yet determined future cruise. Of course when the real booking is made, this $100 deposit will go toward the cost of the cruise. Hopefully I'm correct and the previous program will not be discontinued. And furthermore, this is not available to non U.S. residents at this time. :(

just got off the summit yesterday. I didn't book any future ones because I have two in the bank, nor did I talk to the future sales to get any details, and I did not keep the card left in staterooms, BECAUSE NOW I AM NOT INTERESTED IN DOING ANY ONBOARD BOOKING (hint, hint). But what I do remember is the card did state -no changing between cruiselines AND it is based on cost for the credit. I previously have gotten a $200 credit for a 14 dayer. Now, it is based on cost and the least cost I would have to spend to get $200 was $5500 on the cruise. Less spent was less credit.

Archived