Mariner vs Freedom for Boys 9 and 13

I have researched a bit and was hoping someone could compare the pool area of these two. I know that the Mariner doesn't have the Flo Rider or the H2O park, but is there a large pool area on the Mariner?

It just may be easier for us to fly into Orlando.

Also, any other things "missing" on the Mariner vs. Freedom that would be entertaining for boys 9 and 13?

Any other advice? Ports that would be better for this age? We've done a Disney Cruise and loved it, but the boys are looking for the next step up for their age.

thanks!!:)

We are sailing Freedom on April 22 and I have been on Mariner twice, Navigator and Explorer. I have to think your boys would love the new water activities of the Freedom, esp. the flow rider. The Mariner will be less expensive. The ride from Orlando to the port is about 45 min so that may be a consideration. Either ship is great...my favorite was the Navigator, something about the decor I liked better than Mariner..just personal preference.

We took our daughter when she was 10 and she loved the kids club area, we couldn't get her out at night and she cried all the way home at the end of hte cruise. The staff was so much fun. Your boys will love either ship

Archived