If we xcel the Dawn, will same insurance cover a different ship?

kazcruise

Final payment is due next week...thinking of cancelling our June cruise on the Dawn due to some of the recent problems and poor reviews. Anybody know if we were to book on lets say the Spirit, would we have to take out new trip insurance and lose the $ spent on the insurance taken out on the Dawn trip? Does insurance cover the ship or the week?

You would have to call the insurance company you have to be sure, but the insurance I have would still cover the new trip (as long as it was within a year or something like that) and I just had to let them know the change.

If you booked your insurance with the Dawn trip, and cancel before final payment, you have not paid for the insurance and it becomes null and void. When you rebook on the Spirit, you will get new insurance for that particular trip.

If you have seperate insurance you got on your own, that would be different and I suppose you'd have to call them to change the information.

In my personal experience, if I had canceled a cruise I'd read nothing but bad reviews on etc., I would have missed my best cruise ever. There is so much more good about the Dawn than the bad you've read. She's a beauty of a ship and I wouldn't worry about all the 'stuff' you've read recently if I were you. You can read 'stuff' about any and all cruise ships out there but the good far outweighs most of what you read which is someone else's opinion. Which I never place too much emphasis on and like to experience it for myself.

Whatever you decide, have a great one!:D

Interesting how subjective reviews are. I just came off the Dawn last week, and it was my 13th ocean voyage. Ranked in order of preference, Dawn comes in #13, and if I could have ranked it lowerer, I would have. In all fairness, I should be saying NCL and not specifically the Dawn. Lunch in the dining room after boarding set the tone. I only wanted a salad with some low cal or vinigarette dressing. I was handed a plastic bottle of Wishbone Italian fat free. It wasn't just "first day" - happened the rest of the trip. Not even in a mediocre chain restaurant has that ever happened.

Call me a snob, fine. But I shouldn't have to pay a cover charge in a restaurant on a ship to get treated better than I would in a cafeteria at home. By the way, the Garden Buffet will take away your appetite it is such an unpleasant atmosphere.

If you can cancel now without a penalty, do yourself a favor and spend a few more dollars and sail on a line that tries to make things seem better than you get at home. If you like the open seating dinner approach, try Princess and their Personal Choice.

Interesting how subjective reviews are. I just came off the Dawn last week, and it was my 13th ocean voyage. Ranked in order of preference, Dawn comes in #13, and if I could have ranked it lowerer, I would have. In all fairness, I should be saying NCL and not specifically the Dawn. Lunch in the dining room after boarding set the tone. I only wanted a salad with some low cal or vinigarette dressing. I was handed a plastic bottle of Wishbone Italian fat free. It wasn't just "first day" - happened the rest of the trip. Not even in a mediocre chain restaurant has that ever happened.

Call me a snob, fine. But I shouldn't have to pay a cover charge in a restaurant on a ship to get treated better than I would in a cafeteria at home. By the way, the Garden Buffet will take away your appetite it is such an unpleasant atmosphere.

If you can cancel now without a penalty, do yourself a favor and spend a few more dollars and sail on a line that tries to make things seem better than you get at home. If you like the open seating dinner approach, try Princess and their Personal Choice.

As you said, it's all subjective to one's experiences. Although you did say you should state NCL instead of the Dawn, so I assume you were somewhat happy with the ship itself? When people evaluate a cruise and read things, they should be able to pick out problems and ask themselves if it's a 'complaint' that would be important to them. I guess for me personally, it wouldn't have bothered me to get the bottle of dressing. I don't care if the dressing was served in the bottle or a gold encrusted bowl. Guess we all differ significantly to what is important and what is not.

Sorry it ruined your cruise but happy sailing wherever you venture next.:)

As I read all of the ship reviews, I have come to realize that...A) Some things come accross differently to different people. I wouldn't have cared at all if a server placed a bottle of Italian dressing, or a vat of italian dressing on my table. I realize that there are all sorts of people who live in our big world, and they all have different expectations and tastes and I believe that you have to look at the reviews that are written and try to get a perspective of the person writing it, and compare your personality type to that of the reviewer. Do you need to be catered to every moment of your day? Are you high maintainence? Will an initial issue make you see nothing but problems for the rest of the cruise?...B) Some people are not meant to be happy...you could give some people in this world 10,000 dollars for free...and they would complain that all the bills were hundreds...and they couldn't get anybody to break the big bills. I guess what I'm trying to say is that all things good and bad...are simply given from the perspective of the reviewer and may not be the same review/opinion that the next person will have. Just some food for thought (With a side of italian dressing).:D

Seems to me there were a couple of heated threads about a passenger on the Dream that did not get there fat free dressing on the side. Raised such a stink they got a generous futher cruise credit.

The bottle is tacky and in 20 NCL cruises never had one handed to me in a dining room but perhaps it was the servers way of proving it was in fact what was ordered. :rolleyes:

I guess our main concern really is the recent mechanical problems that resulted in revised itineraries at the last minute, (although there have been an awful lot of bad reviews regarding food quality, but we do realize this can be so subjective). We have cruised on Carnival, RCCL, and Princess and loved them all. I don't think we'd have a problem with the Dawn itself, but are afraid to make final payment knowing there may be mechanical problems.

Archived