A SA Cruise Review - Golden Feb 12

Marie-Claude

Hi NorcalGuy!

We really liked the Intercontinental. It is 2 blocks from Cafe Tortoni and Avenida 25 Mayo, only a few blocks from Plaza de Mayo and a reasonable walking distance from Puerto Madero where a lot of nice restaurants are located. You can easily take a cab back for under 10$. As a matter of fact, taxis are cheap to take you anywhere. In my mind, for the 3 nights we were there, I never felt 'isolated' and I would stay there again for sure, considering the price difference with the Marriot. Also, there's a free shuttle that can take you to Plaza San Martin during the day, and if you're a good walker it's a 30 minute walk.

Thanks Marie for taking to time to respond. So appreciate!

• 2 months later...

Excellent review - thorough and honest (glitches and mistakes should be mentioned too). It looked like you had a wonderful time.

We are thinking about some more "exotic" cruises in the future and this is one I would love to do one day. I research for a year or two before deciding so we would be looking at 2009 or later. Posts like this help so much.

Thanks again for sharing your trip and pictures.

Glad you were able to dig up the review from past posts!!

I too like to read others' reviews before deciding on what will be next!

Hope you make it to SA - I still look at my pictures with the feeling that we were so blessed to see so many beautiful sceneries - I'm planning to go back, this time on a small expedition ship to Antartica!!

MC

Hi Infohunter!!

The Rotterdam is my favorite ship of all times!!! This ship combined with this great itinerary to South America, you'll have a great time!

Enjoy the months of planning, and make sure to report back after the cruise!

Cheers,

MC

• 2 months later...

Charles,

In your report you said in Ushuiai you bought a ticket for the Beagle Channel catamaran tour. Was this with no pre-booking? Does someone offer these tours for sale at the dock? How much did it cost? Would you recommend the tour?

Thanks,

Sandra

Carolus,

Thank you for your informative report of your cruise. We are going around the Horn in Dec on Azamara Journey. I have some questions: Did you pre book the Beagle Channel Catamaran, or go with a tour? Is it possible to do this independently? Is the ship docked close to where you get the Beagle? In Peurto Montt you say you had a private driver. Would you be willing to share the name and how to contact him? Any information would be helpful.

-Judith

Archived