Ship's Time -vs- Actual Shore Time -?-

jjb415

On my recent Explorer of the Seas sailing I encountered something new for me in regards to the time kept on the ship. This was my first sailing with RCI in several years and first back in the Caribbean since 2001. In the past, notes were placed on our beds instructing us to change our clocks in order to be correct with the time on shore. On this sailing, we just kept our clocks on Miami time the entire cruise. I'm assuming this is done to keep things simple on sailings that return to the same time zone at the conclusion of the cruise. Has this been the situation for quite some time on RCI??? Is this done one Mexico sailings also? Thanks in advance for the insight.

Jack

Jack,

I've seen it both ways on RCI. Couple times we kept the Miami "ship" time the entire cruise. Last cruise, Southern, we did change the clocks, though for the life of me I can't remember at what point. We went out of PR during November, and Ohio is on DST, so we had to change it when we got to PR, then again on the ship.

I cruised last week when we changed to DST and we kept on ship's time the whole way - so although we arrived in Cozumel at noon ship's time it was actually 10 a.m. It was MUCH easier not to alter our watches. On Voyager in 2001 they had us alter our watches, but since then I do not remember doing so.

Archived