Safe Miami Hotel Near Port

Shorview75

Last time we sailed from Miami we stayed in Coral Cables. We would like to stay closer to the port and the shopping near the Hard Rock, but I keep reading that the area around there is sketchy.

If you feel this area isn't the best, could you recommend an area not too far that will allow my DH and I to walk to dinner at night and shop/night life without much fear (I understand wherever you go to be aware of your surroundings). But I read the Holiday Inn leaves you tips in your hotel room on how not to get mugged.

Thank you.

Downtown Miami is not the safest place to be after dark that's for sure, but the Holiday Inn is right across the street from Bayside- lots of shopping, resturants and a wonderful view of the port of Miami. As long as your simply going there and not wandering around downtown Miami you would be fine in this location. Many CC readers stay at the HI for it's location and great price. Book early they fill up fast.

Of course there are plenty of other hotels in the area too with higher prices, we usually like to stay at the Hyatt but do take a taxi to Bayside after dark or back to our hotel even though it is just a few minutes walk.

Bev

Archived