Bahama weather for wedding cruise - getting worried

Can anybody describe the weather in the Bahamas to me when it indicates "Scattered Showers, 80 degrees and 30% chance of precipitation". Has anybody gone there when the weather was like this? Are they long or short showers? Do I have something to be worried about?

We're doing a Barbados island wedding. The weather has been a BIG concern for me too!

I was told by people on this board and by two wedding planners that you can't always go by what The Weather Channel or other types of weather reports say. They say that those can change in the blink of an eye and that they aren't always accurate. The rain showers in the Caribbean are reputed to be "short and sweet".

I'll try to do the search and find the thread on the board I read about this in the meantime!

PS- Are you using a wedding planner? If so, does he/she have a backup plan for you in case of inclimate weather?

My wedding is actually inside on the ship prior to departure. I was more or less worried about the weather ruining everybody's trip because we have 30 people cruising with us afterwards. I don't want theirs' and our vacation to be ruined due to rain!

My wedding is actually inside on the ship prior to departure. I was more or less worried about the weather ruining everybody's trip because we have 30 people cruising with us afterwards. I don't want theirs' and our vacation to be ruined due to rain!

Well you know your wedding will take place. There's one load off of your mind! :) I'm still trying to dig that post up.

You might want to try posting this on the Ports of Call board for the Bahamas too. I bet the experienced people and the locals would have some insight for you.

In my experience, the Caribbean calls for showers almost on a daily basis. On my cruise last year they call for showers all week in the ports of call and it only rained one afternoon and it was quickly gone. 30% chance of rain is really low, so I don't think you have a thing to worry about. Most of the time tropical showers last 15 minutes and then the sun comes out. So I really wouldn't stress about.:o

Hi there! I'm from the Bahamas so let me try to help you here. During the summer months which is our rainy season and hurricane season (don't wanna scare you) we do get scattered showers a lot. They only last for a few minutes, although occasionally it will go for longer. It's more like a lot of rain and then all of a sudden it stops and the sun comes out. Don't panic, I hope you have a beautiful wedding in my country, and thanks so much for choosing to have it there! I'm in the process of planning my cruise wedding too, and i'm going insane because they're so many things I didn't even think about, but :) I have my friends and family to help me along. I live in Miami now with my fiance so i'm trying to decide whether or not to have the wedding in the port of miami or in nassau. I have to decide everything really soon because we want to get married in august. oh and 30% chance is really bad at all. I would be more worried if it said 70 to 90%. When exactly is your wedding? And where on the island will it be?? I'm so excited for you!

Cherelle

I'm actually getting married in Port Canaveral prior to the boat leaving and then the boat goes to Freeport and Nassau Bahamas. My wedding is this Sunday! I leave for Florida tonight! I'm getting anxious. To add to the stress, my fiance, son and I all got three totally different assigned seats on our flight tonight so we're going to have to haggle with people to let us sit together. ugh. thanks for the help with the weather information. I hope that everybodys weddings go well and I'll post pictures when I get back.

Ohhh well Sunday is soon! That's great, you must be so happy and anxious. Have a great cruise! Which ship are you getting married on? Did you get a wedding package? Oh and i'm sure either the agent at the airline or the passengers will switch seats for you. Enjoy your flight!:p

Archived