storing valuables

Hi all,

I will be crusing on the Voyager and was wondering what do you do with your valuables. Not only while on the ship but also when in port. Is there a safe in the room? Is it safe, so to speak? I don't want to carry my money all the time and will want to leave my camcorder when doing wet excursions.

Thanks

There are safes in all rooms, the are very safe since you set your own code. We leave money and jewelry in the safes, never a problem. As far as in ports you have to use caution just like you would anywhere else. I would not leave anything valuable on a beach.

There are small safes in each cabin. You pick 4 numbers to use. Unless your camcorder is very small, you probably won't be able to fit it in there. We just use it to put our money, wallets, passports and jewlery. In the 17 cruises we have sailed, I never had a problem with camcorders or cameras walking away. The safes are secure, only the head security officer can get into it. I know this because on the Mariner last year, my safe acted up and he came up to reset the keypad.

Dan

I had the same question. When we travel, we usually carry a tote bag crammed with movie camera, still camera, sunscreen, comb, etc. What do we do when we are out on jet-skis in Labadee or tubing down river in Ocho Rios????? Do you get off the boat with just a fanny pack and leave cameras,etc. behind?

When on shore, a lot of use water wallets or another type of waterproof pouch in which we keep our IDs, $$ and credit cards. There are some that are big enough for cameras, but a lot of people just take the disposables with them. Fuji makes a great underwater one. Better safe than sorry.

Archived