Where do you get drink coupons?

C-foxatsea

I have been reading with great interest all the threads about alcohol, whether or not to smuggle, etc. I'm a little nervous about smuggling in alcohol now, so i was curious about the drink coupons someone mentioned they were purchasing ahead of time. Can you do this for Carnival? How do I purchase them???? My first cruise is in 31 days and I need to be prepared!!:)

I have been reading with great interest all the threads about alcohol, whether or not to smuggle, etc. I'm a little nervous about smuggling in alcohol now, so i was curious about the drink coupons someone mentioned they were purchasing ahead of time. Can you do this for Carnival? How do I purchase them???? My first cruise is in 31 days and I need to be prepared!!:)

Hi there ! I too am stockpiling drink coupons:D you get them online at :

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Specialty+Items&pid=BAR

or you can call them directly and speak to a live person regarding how to use them , and purchase them by phone at :

1-800-522-7648

You can also just order liquor from them ahead of time and have it waiting for you... drink coupons aren't really going to save you any money...it's just like buying drinks on the ship, so if you want to prepay some of your bill, they are great for that, but not sure how they relate to "not smuggling", if you are going with coupons, why not just buy your drinks on the ship as you go... coupons are good for up to $4.95 (although a nice tip might get you more expensive drinks, works for me, but you are still spending the extra on the tip :p)

You can also just order liquor from them ahead of time and have it waiting for you... drink coupons aren't really going to save you any money...it's just like buying drinks on the ship, so if you want to prepay some of your bill, they are great for that, but not sure how they relate to "not smuggling", if you are going with coupons, why not just buy your drinks on the ship as you go... coupons are good for up to $4.95 (although a nice tip might get you more expensive drinks, works for me, but you are still spending the extra on the tip :p)

I talked with both Carnival & BonVoyage and it will cover all drinks except for the drink of the day which is in the large souvenir glass. It does cover the refills for that though. And using the coupons will eliminate the payment of tax & tips for the drinks.

Call them up yourself , thank you

That is exactly what I was told by both people .

FYI ...regarding drink coupons

I called Carnival today ,(1-888-carnival) spoke to them ,

they forwarded my call to The Bon Voyage dept (1-800-522-7648)

and this is what I was told :

The Drink coupons cover your tax and tip ,

so no tax or tip will be added to your S& S card.

Also , the coupon will cover any drink upto 5.25 !

You will not have to pay extra to make up any price difference.

It will NOT cover the drink of the day in the souvenir cup,

However ,

it will cover the refills for it

, I was told.

I do hope that this helps.

I know that I am planning on purchasing a few coupons for myself !

Archived