Air Credit

joan24

Does anyone know why Oceania is giving a much smaller air credit for 2008. On our Rome to Athens cruise they are only giving a $500 air credit when cruises for this year are getting almost double that.

Joan

Do you mean $500 for two passengers, or $500 per person?

We are sailing Athens - Venice in October 2007 and received a $600 per person air credit, $1200 total for two. If you are being offered $500 per passenger, then the 2007 itinerary is not getting close to double that, at least not the one we are on.

Ours is $500 pp. Other cruises this summer average $700pp air credit. You're right it's not double. We always do our own air, but have received much larger air credits on our last two European cruises with Oceania.

Joan

On our Rome to Athens cruise they are only giving a $500 air credit when cruises for this year are getting almost double that.

Joan

In addition to the air credit, you also save some of the fees that Oceania would charge you along with the "free air." I think this can be about $450 or more per person. So you may actually be saving about $950 by doing your own air, which you can subtract from the price you pay to do your own air to compare the two alternatives.

Ivan

I was dissapointed to see that although I had to pay a single supplement (basically paid for two travelers), when it came to giving me my credit for air, I was only credited for one person. Something is just wrong about that :(

We are on the May 29, 2007 cruise on Nautica from Athens to Rome. Our air credit would have been $874 a person, but we decided to go with the Oceania air. We just got our flights and are very pleased. Outbound on Delta, Orlando to Atlanta to Athens. Inbound on United, Rome to Dulles to Orlando. I guess we got lucky, and we are so looking forward to our first cruise.

KiranK, Last year when we booked a single cabin for our group, we paid 2x base fare, a single charge for govt fees, and we were given 2x air credit. I would check with Oceania about being credited for the airfare for only one person, because that doesn't seem to be right.

Archived