Pride of Aloha - questions

suey

I am thinking of cruising on Pride of Aloha next year with my two daughters and two grandsons. Just a couple of quick questions - how much are meals in the speciality restaurants? are the prices of drinks reasonable? are there any hidden costs we should consider? Thanks for any answers? This will be our first cruise away from Australia and the pacific.:)

G'day Suey, my son & I did the Pride of Aloha in Oct 2004. The exchange rate always kills us when it comes to anything in the US. I thought the price of drinks on the Pride was a bit hefty - probably very hefty.

You can apparently do a "bar set-up" in your room (just read it on another thread on this board). I don't know the cost, but it might be a better way to go.

I also had one of my bottles of grog in storage disappear - perhaps I drank it at bar rates?

I don't know where to find the "bar set-up" before hand, but your booking agent should be able to give you details and prices.

The specialty restaurants were $10 per person for the Italian and Asian restaurants and $15 per person for the French restaurant. If you go before 6:30, it is half price:) .

Soft drinks are $1.25. You can purchase an unlimited soft drink card -- I think it was $35 for adults -- it didn't seem like a good deal for us since we're on shore everyday. It was cheaper for kids but I don't recall the price -- I think it was over $20 though.

Can't help you with the bar drinks -- didn't have any. We purchased wine with dinner -- the price varies depending on the type. I think we paid $28 for a nice chianti.

The only "hidden" cost would be the $10 per day service charge per person. If you've cruised before, this isn't "hidden" but first time cruisers are often surprised!

Archived