Transportations Questions! Who has answers??

New2Cruisin'07

We have booked a Carnival cruise w/Air through a sears travel agent. She has told us that Carnival will be arranging the flight for us, and we will find out the details of the flight soon. We leave in 46 days. My question is this:

We are traveling with children, and we are wondering what the transportation will be from the airport (in Miami) to the Carnival Victory port??

Will it be a greyhound-style bus or a van-style shuttle???

We are hoping to not need car/booster seats. We plan not to take any excurstions that might require them. On the flight our 2 boys will be old enough to not need one, and the baby will be on our lap.

Also, How will we know where to get our transportation from the airport??

I am really starting to worry too much about these details. Can someone walk me through this a little?

Typically the ground transportation will be in a coach-style (i.e. Greyhound) bus.

As for finding the bus, in the baggage claim area will be a Carnival rep down there. They typically are either at a clearly signed desk or carry a sign clearly identifying them - you can't miss them. They can point you in the right direction and answer any questions.

Just wanted to say I envy you taking the kids. I'm trying to talk my wife into us taking the kids on a 4/5 day cruise out of New York (so we can drive, not fly). The kids are 5, and I don't think the in-laws will take the kids for us again until we take them with us once LOL.

As for finding the Carnival rep at the aiport. If JJ's suggestions fail, look for someone carrying a clipboard, probably wearing a blue blazer. The clipboard will have a Carnival logo on it. The reps usually make themselves very visible.

If JJ's suggestions fail, look for someone carrying a clipboard, probably wearing a blue blazer. The clipboard will have a Carnival logo on it. The reps usually make themselves very visible.

Forgot to mention, the reps tend to be retirees so that should also help you focus on who to look for in addition to the clipboard & blazer.

If all else fails and the only reps you can find are the Royal Caribbean, NCL, or some other cruise line's rep, just ask them becuase they probably know who the Carnival rep is and can point you in the right direction.

Archived