FO Cat on the Galaxy

cruiseone2003

I'm sailing on the May1 Transatlantic from San Juan to Rome in a Cat FO. I have sailed in an FV on the Summit and liked it, wondering how the FO differs besides not having the balcony that is. I'm curious if there is any walking space outside of the window since the FO cabins are aft, I couldn't tell from any pictures I found online.

We have sailed in a Mercury FO and Infinity FV. The FO interior is considerably smaller than an FV (210 sq ft vs 290 sq ft) and is not furnished as well--for instance the main bed can only be accessed from one side in the FO as it is located in a corner. The Galaxy FO does have public walking space behind it which means the cabin window is not private. Here is a photo that I have found which makes this clearer:

53161.jpg

You may wish to check out some photos I took of our Mercury FO to better compare it against an FV yourself: Mercury FO 1152

The FOs on the Mercury are scheduled to have balconies added in the near future. The Galaxy FOs will probably follow although no date has been set that I recall.

There is also vibration you will feel each time the ship comes into port. Being a TA is won't be as bad as you will have a good number of seadays in a row. But when there is a port expect the ship to wake you at 5-6:00 in the morning

The photo in the above post is of deck 10, there is a much smaller area behind deck 8. There are no chairs on deck 8. We had a cabin on each deck last month. They had to move us due to a leaky fridge. They completely redid the room within 2 days of moving us.

so are you all saying that those cabins on galaxy on the deck 8 are NOT like the picture w/ the ppl. sitting on deck chairs right by the window?? I hope not, we are in one of those cabins this summer on the galaxy med. cruise.

Perhaps things are different today or different on Galaxy, but there were chairs on the narrow deck behind the Deck 8 FOs on our Mercury sailing. Here is a photo taken by someone else of Deck 8 during their Mercury sailing:

53160.jpg

We have sailed in a Mercury FO and Infinity FV. The FO interior is considerably smaller than an FV (210 sq ft vs 290 sq ft) and is not furnished as well--for instance the main bed can only be accessed from one side in the FO as it is located in a corner. The Galaxy FO does have public walking space behind it which means the cabin window is not private. Here is a photo that I have found which makes this clearer:

53161.jpg

You may wish to check out some photos I took of our Mercury FO to better compare it against an FV yourself: Mercury FO 1152

The FOs on the Mercury are scheduled to have balconies added in the near future. The Galaxy FOs will probably follow although no date has been set that I recall.

Thankyou MAHDNC for your great photo, this is exactly what I was looking for.....although I'm not thrilled with folks right underneath the window I'm hoping that these are the folks looking for some quiet moments and won't be too noisy.

cruiseone2003,

the folks outside our window were not noisy that I recall. To me the inconvenience was having to keep one of the curtains constantly drawn across the cabin window to maintain privacy.

Archived