Question regarding Noordam

Wilbo

Thanks. Being a preachers kid, I can agree with you.

LOL

:D

I guess I should at least attempt to be a little serious, now. What, exactly, is it that you want to know? You'll have a fantastic view from that cabin ... a starboard side view. There are no obstructions, if that's what you're worried about. There's a tender bellow you and just aft of your cabin (I think ... if the deck plans are to be believed), but you'll only be able to see that when you lean out and look down.

In truth, 5111 is an excellent cabin with an excellent location. You're just aft of midships (8 doors, inclusive, aft of the central elevators), so getting to anyplace is easy and there will be minimal motion. It's not an adjoining cabin, so you'll have plenty of closet space. It's a nice cabin.

thanks for your help. I thought the tenders might be a problem with the view.

Oh, no ... not at all.

This is from one deck further up, and forward of the central elevators, but it should give you an idea of what you'll see if you look down:

seaviews1.jpg

In other words ... no ... the Tenders are not in your way at all ... neither looking down nor, certainly not, looking out.

thanks for your help. I thought the tenders might be a problem with the view.
Here's another picture, from the dock looking up. Deck 5 is the one with orange-glow ceilings from the reflections off the lifeboat/tender roofs. (The tenders, which you're above, are the 3 aft ones.)

Here's another picture, from the dock looking up. Deck 5 is the one with orange-glow ceilings from the reflections off the lifeboat/tender roofs. (The tenders, which you're above, are the 3 aft ones.)

Except that Wilbo will be on the starboard side ... this is a photo of the port side. :)

But ... yes ... that's a good shot.

Here's another one:

dominica42.jpg

Again, this shows the port side, not the starboard side, but it shows that the tenders do not sit at all in front of the verandahs ... they are BELOW the verandahs.

I've searched and I can't find any starboard side photos that depict this aspect. But ... I'll keep looking.

Here's what they look like if the tenders are down and in-use. (Of course, this is of the Oosterdam ... but that's the same class of ship).

oost10.jpg

On the Starboard side it's not the operational tenders, however ... it's just the standard life boats ... at least, that's the case unless they've swapped 'em around.

And here's a shot looking down on that deck from above ... this is looking from the Noordam over at the Zuiderdam. Again, it's the ship's port side. I don't seem to be having any luck finding shots of this area of the Noordam (or any Vista's) starboard side!

tortola19.jpg

Archived