Cancelled 2/04 Celebrity Panama Canal cruise for 5/04 RCL Splendour Med Cruise

Well, today I cancelled my husband's and my 02/14/05 Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity Galaxy to do a late May 28, '05 cruise on the Splendour with our 2 daughters. What we saved giving up our sky suite balcony cabins, we're paying on taking the 2 teens and airfare to Barcelona - we were just going to drive to Galveston for the Panama Canal cruise.

The main reason I cancelled - I got sorta bored on our recent Alaska cruise on the Celebrity Mercury. I find Celebrity a little too laid back and I found 3 sea days to be too many. I know this Splendour cruise with 5 port days where we try to experience everything will be just the opposite of the Alaska cruise, so I probably should rest up beforehand. I wanted to try Brilliance but the prices are very high compared to Splendour. Our Splendour cabins are about $900 each for the Cat. H outside and $730 each for the Cat. N inside. Airfare looks to be about $800 each. So our original $4100 cruise has now ballooned into a $6400 cruise, but at least the ports are more interesting than the Western Carib. and we're bringing the girls with us.

If anyone has good recommendations for port activities on this cruise, I'd be happy to hear them. I guess the main purpose of the post is just to get back on these boards again and start researching this trip so that we can make the most of our 7-day cruise.

Archived