Transfers/Taxi from Athens Airport to Port

I there are regular buses which take people directly from the airport to the port of Pireaus for the bargoon price of 3.20 Euros each. The Athens airport website has a few more details. I'd imagine that they are more like motorcoaches than typical city buses considering they're clearly catering to passengers boarding cruise ships or ferries. http://www.aia.gr/EN/passenger_information/transportation&parking/by_bus/body.shtm

One caveat, the traffic in Athens can be outrageous and the airport is a long distance away from the port. If you can, try to arrange a flat fee for the taxi.

I'm not sure if its like this in Athens, but on the Greek islands the taxis will also take additional passengers if there's room.

going from the ship to plaka, we had several hours before our flight, we got a taxi. he stopped to pick up another passenger, but he did ask to make sure she was going in the same direction. when he dropped her off and got on the freeway, he was doing over 100MPH!! he drove well, DH and i were laughing about it. but they do drive fast, they do pick up other passengers. the taxi from plaka to the airport, was much more what i would want, normal speeds, we were the only passengers. we never felt unsafe, but it's not something i would do again. i had other people, more experinece in greek travel, tell us you have to tell them that you don't want others in the cab and double check the price.

Archived