Windjammer Dinner Hours???

There are many reasons we opt to never eat in the dining room. Mainly because we like to be on our own schedule and because we like a more casual dinner after a long day of fun.

Yes they do wait on you. Once they get to know you, they will make sure you always have a full glass, refill your plate and bring you lots of new things to try, dessert etc.....

We only tip on the last night just like all the other tips. So no, they aren't just doing it for a hand out! :rolleyes:

We would like to eat all of our meals at the Windjammer on our next cruise. We don't enjoy long meals on vacation and no one in my family is a big eater so the Windjammer works for us. I think we are one of the few families who don't care about the food on a cruise.

I'm curious how you tip the person at Windjammer. We found last year when we went there a few nights we always had the same person take care of us and we tipped him by adding a decent amount to the drink bill every night. We also tipped our dining room servers a full tip even though we ate there 2 out of 9 nights. This year we don't even plan on going into the dining room. Did you tip your dining room people as well as the Windjammer server?

We used to tip both but I don't think we will anymore. We have decided to tip where we are getting the service only. Perhaps may disagree with that but, it seems foolish to tip for service we never even. BTW... If you don't plan to use your assigned seating, be sure to let the dining room know in case they can use it for someone else.

Archived