Difference between a balcony BB and Balcony BA

mandrews2u

There are some great BB's on the Grand Class ships on the aft, highly desirable - I would much rather have one of those than an BA high on the Lido.

Like Toto said, the cabins are identical - just the locations vary. All classes of balcony cabins on the Caribe deck have larger balconies than on the other balcony cabin decks, that's about it.

I am in a BD category room. Is there any difference in room size between BD and BC, BB, or BA? Thanks

No size difference, just location. Some folks like higher decks while others prefer midships cabins so as to minimize motion. Also as the OP noted Caribe deck balconies on Grand class ships including those on the newest ships Crown and Emerald are twice the size of other balconies. If you're going to do a balcony, you owe it to yourself to get a Caribe deck stateroom. Bon Voyage!

So, some BA and BB cabins are larger, or at least the balcony is, but only the cabins in that category on the Caribe deck? Are other BB aft cabins included in this? Also, just to confirm, the Caribbean is classified as Grand, other than the added floor, right?

So, some BA and BB cabins are larger, or at least the balcony is, but only the cabins in that category on the Caribe deck? Are other BB aft cabins included in this?

There's also a couple of BB cabins on the furthest aft on the Dolphin deck with really big balconies too. We're booked in one on the Crown in July. Those balconies are fully covered and are even deeper than on the Caribe deck (I understand).

Kim

There's also a couple of BB cabins on the furthest aft on the Dolphin deck with really big balconies too. We're booked in one on the Crown in July. Those balconies are fully covered and are even deeper than on the Caribe deck (I understand).

Kim

Hi Kim,

Maybe a little deeper, I'm not sure:confused: but, the Caribe Aft BBs(C752&C753) are on the Corners, with rounded railings to the side & aft.(Great Views):) The Dolphin & Emerald Deck BBs are not on the corners, the Suites are.

My best!

Bill

Hi Kim,

Maybe a little deeper, I'm not sure:confused: but, the Caribe Aft BBs(C752&C753) are on the Corners, with rounded railings to the side & aft.(Great Views):) The Dolphin & Emerald Deck BBs are not on the corners, the Suites are.

My best!

Bill

Yes those are at the furthest side. What's the blank spot beside them? Is that also part of those balconies? Bonus if they are!

Go and look at D734 (that's where we are). Those are next to a suite but are furthest aft too so should also have good view and those are even deeper than the ones you mentioned. I sure hope the views are great; we're spoiled because in March we sailed on Carnival and had an aft wraparound balcony and that was HUGE.

Kim

Yes those are at the furthest side. What's the blank spot beside them? Is that also part of those balconies? Bonus if they are!

Go and look at D734 (that's where we are). Those are next to a suite but are furthest aft too so should also have good view and those are even deeper than the ones you mentioned. I sure hope the views are great; we're spoiled because in March we sailed on Carnival and had an aft wraparound balcony and that was HUGE.

Kim

Kim,

That is a Great Aft BB!:) All we ever get now, are Aft Corners(Suites or BBs C752 or C753), the Views are to die for.:eek:

Have a Super Cruise!;)

Jot

PS That blank spot is an enclosed stairwell for the Crew & emergencies. :)

Thanks for the info Jot. I couldn't for the life of me figure what was in that spot. I know the view we had on Carnival was unbelievable. I spent so much time racing from one end to the next of it not wanting to miss a thing. And our ship backed into the ports that it could get to so that was nice to see things coming and going.

Now can you also tell me what is the big blank spot that's between D734 and the other balcony cabin on the Dolphin deck? Too big for a staircase for sure and I suspect it might be an air conditioning unit but not sure. If so, I wonder how loud that would be?

NOT moving locations - but just wondering.

Kim

Thanks for the info Jot. I couldn't for the life of me figure what was in that spot. I know the view we had on Carnival was unbelievable. I spent so much time racing from one end to the next of it not wanting to miss a thing. And our ship backed into the ports that it could get to so that was nice to see things coming and going.

Now can you also tell me what is the big blank spot that's between D734 and the other balcony cabin on the Dolphin deck? Too big for a staircase for sure and I suspect it might be an air conditioning unit but not sure. If so, I wonder how loud that would be?

NOT moving locations - but just wondering.

Kim

I'm not sure, but I believe it is a Double inside emergency Stairwell, also blank on Emerald Deck, take a look.

Jot

Archived