Valor - Tender & wheelchair questions

MTV43

We will be sailing on Valor this summer for Western itinerary. Our group consists of 4 adults and 4 teens; we has a disabled member in our group and we are bringing a manual wheelchair with us. I have few questions regarding the tender and boarding procedures with disabled cruiser.

Does Carnival has preboarding for disabled traveler like airline? does disabled cruiser has the chance to take the next available tender?l

Do all members in our party have to present to receive tender tickets?

Ship docks at Grand Cayman at 7:00am and Belize at 8:00 am; what's time is the first tender?

There is a dock at Roatan but one ship can dock. Carnival arrives at 11:00 am, will be tendering for this port also?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

...Only one person in a given party is needed to get tickets

...tenders for CCL excursions leave almost immediately. Those on CCL excursions don't need tickets, Tenders generally avail. for others within an hour of arrival.

...no priority embarkation for the disabled on tenders

Are St. Maarten, St. Thomas, or Nausua ports that Valor tenders at?

Also, I've heard that the Miami embarkation can be long, are there places to sit down, or is it done more quickly for disabled people? Thanks for your help!!

None of the ports mentioned immediately above require tendering. Check with Special Needs at Carnival. The disabled/one [maybe more] family members usually get "priority embarkation" in Miami/most embarkation ports

with my mom in a wheelchair she gets priorty embarkation with one other family member.

Arriving at the pier about 11am-- we are soon to follow her so we send one of my kids with her while my dad stays with us.

So far--she has not been able to go to Grand CAyman which is a tendered port- she is not mobile enough to go from the chair into the tender.

There is a disabled cruiser board that some people can better help.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Hoepfully your person is somewhat mobile..if not i hope you got a handicapped cabin as the doors wont fit a wheel chair

Archived