Dinner Time

Hblanton

Hi, I just wanted to alert all that reservations are now open for the April 30th Voyager from FLL to BCL. I went online and had no problem booking two seatings at each of the premium venues (since it is a 2 part cruise.) Got exactly what I wanted (tables for 2, nonsmoking at 8PM.)

For anyone who has not checked out the site, I think its a far better way to get these reservations than to worry when you get on the ship. We have a butler suite, but still this is better for getting what we want. Remember, the early bird gets the creme brule.

Anyone else on one or both of these segments? I expect (but don't fear)that the wife and I will be possibly the youngest couple onboard this longer, slightly off season crossing. We are and old early 40s. If nothing else, I should have no trouble partiicipating in my main shipboard vice - lots of bridge. I did say that I am old for 40.

26 days before our pre-cruise visit to South Beach in Miami, and my ability to focus on anything else is rapidly leaving me stranded. Also looking forward very much to week long rental of an apartment in BCN after we arrive on May 14. All in all, a much needed 6 week holiday. I am very, very lucky to be able to do this.

Regards,

HLY

HLY - One word of caution about those online dining reservations, be sure and double check them when you do get onboard (you can ask your Butler to do this), when we booked ours online for last August, apparently it never went thru and they said that they were having some trouble with the internet reservations, so we ended up having to reserve a different night - however, they may have that problem resolved, but just wanted to mention that its worth double checking when you board. Many others had no problem at all.

There is a large group from another board on that sailing, hopefully you will meet some of them and I'm sure you will find plenty of Bridge players onboard.

We will be doing the reverse sailing in Nov, MonteCarlo to Funchal and then Funchal to Ft. Lauderdale. Can't wait.

about the large group. Are they on a board that focuses on just high-end cruises?

Its funny about these online reservation things. Your problem with it notwithstanding (and since you had that problem I'm going to print out my "receipt" and give to the butler when we board - thanks) I'm always amazed how slowly these improved procedures are adopted.

Two examples -

1: Online Checkin. I'll admit I waited a long time to get into the online check-in thing. But it saves SO much time, and being able to vsualize your seat location and change is great. Now I only don't do this if I don't have access to a printer.

2: Self-removal of baggage. Some lines let cruisers take their own bags off the ship, thus bypassing the whole "wait in the loung, then wait for your bags..." You also get to be first off the ship, which makes for an easier departure. I know some folks can't do this due to their ratio of luggage to muscle, but the wife and I travel light (even for cruises) so its really no trouble at all.

Regards,

HLY

Archived