Inspiration in December

micbooth

I was on the Inspiration in November 2005 and am booked to go again November of this year! I liked this ship very much.

The first time we were on the Riviera deck; this time we're on Verandah. This ship is always very clean and the staff are great.

We ate in the dining room for every dinner and enjoyed the food very much. We hit breakfast in the dining room most days and for lunch had the awesome grill burgers on the Lido deck.

Anyplace that gives you 24 hour free ice cream is a good place in my book.

Last time we got rerouted and didn't get to go to Cozumel - we went to Progreso. So we're looking forward to getting to Cozumel this time.

I'm not much on loud music, running around pool etc. We found that the deck right above the Lido restaurant was a great place for lounging/reading books. Great breeze up there and we never had trouble finding a chair up there!

We didn't have a huge amount of kids on our cruise because we went in early November.

Marzee

We are thinking of booking a cruise in December to Cozumel.

We have not sailed on the Inspiration before and would like any comments on this ship.

Thanks

Mick

My family and I were on the Inspiration in Dec. 2005 (we went on the Dec. 10th sailing, which was quite a bit lower in price than the sailings closer to Christmas), and we loved it. The ship was decorated for the holidays. We are also booked for this Dec. The Inspiration is going into drydock sometime in August. They are going to refurb the rooms, move Camp Carnival, and add a mini-golf course, among other things. So we are looking forward to going back to a "new/old" ship. The food was plentiful and sometimes very good. My kids enjoyed Camp Carnival (they were 13 and 6 at the time) and the slide at the pool. We also enjoyed the shows, and most surprising to us, we could always find a quiet place to watch the ocean go by. The staff were very friendly and we were able to get anything we needed. We went in with realistic expectations, and were not disappointed, but we are pretty easy to please because a even a bad day on vacation is still better than being at work :) Hope this helps!

I am interested also in this ship for December. I am trying in vain to get info on the new connecting cabins that are apparently being introduced. Considering changing Liberty for Inspiration because they changed our Liberty itinerary. This would be the first cruise with kids and I know they would love Paradise Beach.

Archived