Phone Number for Emergency

jacrod

This is from the Princess web site but the same information is on page 8 of the Cruise Answer Book

REACHING YOU AT SEA

To provide greater peace of mind while you're away from home, give friends and relatives the following information on how to telephone you. For all ships in the Princess fleet, call 1-900-329-SHIP (1-900-329-7447) from the United States or 1- 1-900-565-2800 from Canada to bill your telephone.* Calls can also be charged to a credit card in both the United States and Canada by dialing 1-877-656-7447. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card (not Canadian) are all accepted. The cost for each call is $8.95 USD per minute or $11.95 CAD per minute.

The 900 service can be used to call or fax the ship.* Please include passenger name and cabin number to ensure quick delivery.

For calls originating outside of the United States and Canada, the following numbers should be used, preceded by your country's International Direct Dialing (IDD) code and the appropriate ocean code. (Please contact your long distance service provider for pricing.) For example, if you would like to call the Tahitian Princess in the Pacific from the United Kingdom, dial 00 872 323 600 089.

SHIP PHONE NUMBER / FAX NUMBER

Caribbean Princess 331 042 310 / 331 042 314

Coral Princess 331 037 610 / 331 037 614

Crown Princess 331 050 010 / 331 050 012

Dawn Princess 323 221 020 / 323 221 025

Diamond Princess 331 040 410 / 331 040 414

Golden Princess 331 034 411 / 331 034 430

Grand Princess 331 032 720 / 331 032 711

Island Princess 331 038 410 / 331 038 414

Pacific Princess 331 050 410 / 331 043 913

Regal Princess 331 043 910 / 331 043 913

Sapphire Princess 331 040 510 / 331 040 514

Sea Princess 331 046 510 / 331 046 512

Star Princess 331 036 110 / 331 036 118

Sun Princess 323 441 510 / 323 441 514

Tahitian Princess 331 050 510 / 331 050 512spacer.gifOCEANCODEEast Atlantic871Pacific872Indian873West Atlantic874

* 900 telephone service is not available from all areas, and may not be accessible from your home phone. Staying in touch is made even easier onboard a Princess vessel by accessing the Internet in our onboard Business Centers and/or Internet Cafés. For details regarding this service, please see the section entitled: INTERNET AND E-MAIL ACCESS.

My husband and I left on the Grand January 27 for the W Carribean. Prior to the cruise, we verified if the number given to "call in case of emergency" would work and we were assured it was. My mother-in-law had just been placed in Hospice and we were concerned. Tuesday night she died. No one could reach us. The ship phone in our room never rang. We did use it to call out ($5 a minute or more), but did not receive calls. Family/friends could only reach us by cell phone at certain times. We called to check on MIL Tuesday afternoon - fever high and not doing well. After that we could not get out cell to work and ship phone could not be used because we could not reach family. At long last we were able to use our cell and found out about her death.

So, if you are leaving a problem at home, make sure you contact Princess prior to your cruise. When family members contacted the number given in the packet, they received the Princess office and could get no further.

If I were you, before you cruise, call the number suggested and see what you get and if it will work on your particular ship. It was a real mess for us and friends/family were extremely frustrated as they should have been.

We did get home the next day. Princess was a huge help and most accommodating to us, but we'd do differently next time - probably would not leave the country with illness in family - too hard to be reached.

DOVEN ..........So sorry about your experience. I too am interested in learning more about the subject as I am sailing the Sapphire April 17th for 29 days. Am bringing the page forward so that maybe more can contribute their ideas. Thank you.

This what we did. My husband and I had elderly parents. My mother-inlaw was in a convelenscent home. My DH 's brothers were instructed if something happened at home just e-mail the info to our e-mail at home. Then my husband about every other day just checked our e-mail to see if there was any messages. I also instructed my sister to do the same for our mother.

Marilyn

I'm surprised no one mentioned it, but you can e-mail people on board a ship.

Should be the ship's name@princess.com. starprincess@princess.com or star@princess.com Can't remember which one. Then, include the name of the passengers and their cabin number in the subject line. Possibly add "Emergency" in the subject line as well.

On our honeymoon cruise, we had friends e-mail us during the cruise. The messages were printed out and put on our door. Seemed to work well. Free too.

Otherwise, if you're really worried, just have them e-mail you on a web based account like Hotmail or Gmail and just check periodically.

CODEX57 & MII........... THANKS for your input. I had been thinking along these lines and your replies have reinforced my approach to handle it this way. I don't think the telephones are that reliable.

Archived