Kukoo Kunuku, Snorkeling & Car Rental ??

vossjemi

We will be in Aruba for 2 days on our PC cruise in 1/05.

We would like to hear from anyone who has done the Kukoo Kunuku bus dinner/bar hop tour. Is it worth it? Did you have fun? Did you do it through the cruise ship or straight through the tour company?

We would like to take a snorkel excursion....what is the best snorkel tour? And who do you recommend booking with?

If we rent a car to explore, who do you recommend that will be close to the pier & will let us have car past 5 pm w/out add'l cost?

TIA

• 1 month later...

We did the Kukoo Kunuku in 2003 and it was a fantastically good tour (lots of fun). This year there is a similar tour offered in addition to the Kukoo Kunuku. It is called Aruba Bar and Pub Crawl, is $17 less and doesn't include the dinner (which was good and arguably worth the extra money). I think we may take the less expensive tour when we visit Aruba in a few weeks on Jewel of the Seas. AAY Paranda!!!

For snorkeling, Tranquilo was the best of the three we did while in Aruba. You can find it on visitaruba.com. I would say Mi Dushi was also a very very good time. Tranquilo was better because it was less people and more laid back. Plus they take to you the Spanish cove area which is the best in Aruba. The Octopus was fun also. You can't go wrong!

Jolly Pirates recently was burned and sank. It happened while I was recently there. However my wife has become friends with the woman who runs the ship and she sent an email yesterday saying that they will be back and running very soon. They are leasing a boat and have purchased a new one. I would check with them before you get there! They are great people!

Jolly Pirates is great...

just got an e-mail from Carla that said that they're back "in business" (since the unfortunate accident)...

Have done Tranquillo, Jolly Pirates and MiDushi...

WILL be going w/Jolly over Xmas this year... (since Carla said they're back).

Recommendation for rental... check out Econo they'll pick you up at pier and then when you drop the car off at the airport (they have 2 locations, though one is only open till 6PM I think... other is later) they'll give you a ride back to pier... very accomodating, well serviced cars and reasonably priced (in comparison to others there)... They have a great reputation on the aruba-bb web site.

Carolyn

We did the Aruba Pub & Bar Crawl and had a blast! We didn't do the dinner, but heard from others on our ship that did and they said the dinner was "ok". I'm glad we didn't do the dinner. We had late seating dinner, but that night we ate dinner earlier in the Windjammer before going on the Pub & Bar Crawl. Worked out perfect.

Archived