Room service tip question

LOL - that is what happened to us, the server left before I could get a tip together

Cheers

Jason

Same thing happened to us. they certainly don't wait around expecting one, which is nice.

I wish I had figured this out earlier in our cruise . . .

I am so hungry when I wake up in the morning, we rush to shower, get ready, then head to breakfast and my tummy is not happy.

One morning I decided to get coffee/tea/juice with the bread "basket" to munch on while we get ready. It was so nice. Then we went for a full breakfast in the windjammer.

Also, room service calls before they arrive with your food. You could use them as a wake up call in the morning :D

We keep the singles ready in the desk drawer. $2 for breakfast.

My pet peeve is those $2 bills....we don't use them in everyday commerce why is it a good idea in the middle of the ocean?

Cuz they will remember you better :D

How long should they wait for the tip? Are you for real? I doubt the server was out of there like the tazmanian devil. They put the tray down, you say thank you and hand them the tip. Whats so hard about that? Do you think they should beg? Do you offer them a drink while they sit and wait for the tip? I can see it now.... "So how you dooooin?"

Since you were not there........

I am sorry but I would never order room service if I didn't have the money ready for a tip. Those people work hard and deserve a tip. We bring a bunch of $1 bills with us for room service. We know that we will order coffee in the morning, so have the $2 ready before we go to bed.

Sorry for jumping on some of you, but if you want the service, you should be prepared. JMO. I know you will flame me, so go ahead.

Katie

No flames from and I agree with you. I make sure that the tip is sitting some place for me to grab on the way to answer the door when they deliver the food. As soon as the person sets the tray down I immediately give them their tip. It works if you make it.:)

Quote: "Cuz they will remember you better "

They sure will, no doubt about it. So do you use them in the stores at home so they will also remember you?

Some people use them as $2 bets at the horse track my DW works at, but they don't want them back as change. Guess what, there is no space in the cash drawer for them.

Quote: "Cuz they will remember you better "

They sure will, no doubt about it. So do you use them in the stores at home so they will also remember you?

No, not usually, unless I happen to have some left over from the cruise :D

Some people use them as $2 bets at the horse track my DW works at, but they don't want them back as change. Guess what, there is no space in the cash drawer for them.

This I am aware of as I too work with money on a daily basis. It's a novelty for most people to see a $2. Some don't even think they exist anymore

Archived