Taking Laptop Computers

Do a Google search for "iPod to digital camera adapter"....you'll get lots of hits. I found one on eBay for $15. I'm actually still waiting for mine to show up, but yes, supposedly, you can transfer the pics off your iPod onto your PC when you get home. Pretty nifty, huh? :D

hey I got 80 gig so lots of pix LOL

Thanks for the info

We could probably fit all of our photos on 1 GB card. Multiple SD cards or backing up to a CD or IPOD is only for security reasons. If your SD card crashes and burns or if your camera goes missing, at least you don't loose all the photos from the trip. We used to do this with our film camera on land vacations (ie. lock up each completed roll of film in our safe). With electronic media, I suspect that the the risk of lost photos is a bit higher than with film.

We are leaving on Sat, 4/14 on the Glory and promised DH I would find out if there was wireless access in the cabins - thought I read that somewhere that this upgrade was made. Could we only hope if it is available that it is free??:rolleyes:

It is definitely, definitely not free. :( I suppose it varies by cruiseline, but I know for Princess, it's something like $0.75 per minute. And from what I've read on these boards, the internet service is sloooooow. So it would take a long time, and cost a fair bit, to get anything meaningful done online, especially if you're trying to email pictures to yourself.

We were just on the Caribbean Princess last week, took the laptop so we could transfer pics off the camera each day. Never hid the laptop, left it out on the desk next to the dvd camcorder and digital camera, nothing ever bothered but the first two days our steward kept shutting off the powerstrip I brought along to plug everything into, lol. She gave up after the second day I guess. We took around 800 pics with a 7mp camera and it took up about 2gb on the laptop. I also brought our thumbdrive so I could compose e-mails and add pics then just take the thumbdrive to the internet cafe's. It was .75 a minute on the princess until the last day then they gave you 30 minutes for $12 but there is a $3.95 one time connection fee on Princess so it was $15.95 for 30 minutes and it took almost all of that just to log on and checkin and print boarding passes for the flight home, really slow.

Archived