Copy passport

cataholic

As a first timer I need some information about copying your passport. Please tell me do you copy the entire page by page passport or if not, what do you copy to take with you?

Thanks for your help

Copy only the front page with your picture and signature on it.

Passports are very valuable to thieves, they would love to get their hands on yours. If you do choose to carry it with you off the ship, use a security wallet that goes around your neck or waist.

We would only take ours off the ship if we thought we would need it, if it was a country that required it or if there were some chance we would not make it back to the ship on time. Although a photo copy isn't as good as the real thing, it will be helpful if you should find yourself stranded.

We make a copy to take with us and leave one behind with our emergency info.

Thank you, that is exactly the information I needed. It has been so long since I've been overseas that I had forgotten. I did know not to carry it with you unless required in that country.

I have an opposite view. My passport is with me anything I'm not on U.S. soil. There are a number of reasons to take your original passport (in a secure compartment of your purse/whatever). Should something unforeseen occur, you will need the original passport; a copy won't do. Anyone could make changes and then make copies on their passport.

I have an opposite view. My passport is with me anything I'm not on U.S. soil. There are a number of reasons to take your original passport (in a secure compartment of your purse/whatever). Should something unforeseen occur, you will need the original passport; a copy won't do. Anyone could make changes and then make copies on their passport.

While I agree with Cotton, please understand that for some cruises, the Front Office (i.e. Purser's Office) will collect passports upon embarkation and will issue them only when the port authorities require that passengers have them. Having a xeroxed and laminated copy of the photo/data page is a good idea.

My Baltic cruise included a stop in Russia. If you did not have a copy to turn in at check-in on the cruise they kept your passport so they could make a copy of it (Russia requires a copy in advance), your passport was returned the next day. I took three copies, one to turn in when I checked in, one to leave in the ship safe in case my passport somehow got stolen and one to give to my Traveling companion (my mother). I also left a copy at home with my husband along with my itinerary.

I know, you may be saying overkill. But when it comes to Russia and passports can you be too prepared?

Archived