How formal is formal??

bixy

I am sailing in a couple of days and now that I am starting to pack my bag, I am a bit concerned over the formal night. Will I be over dressed or under dressed for the night. Do people where formal dresses and suits and ties, or do they just wear something smart casual? Please help.:confused:

:( Dont let worrying about clothing spoil your holiday.Aussies dont dress as formally as cruise ships overseas.You can go all out if you want to but,a black dress or smart trousers with dressy top are suitable for women and a nice pair of trousers ,collared shirt preferably with a tie and jacket ,are fine for men.I have noticed each cruise I've been on how less formal people are dressing these days..Years ago it was the norm for women to "dress up to the nines",and men always wore a tux.,But today anything seems to be acceptable.Although I know its a different story overseas .If you really dont want to dress up,just go to the steakhouse or have pizza or room service those nights.But its all good fun and part of the cruise experience to get dressed up occasionally.Its YOUR holiday,so just go and relax and enjoy yourself:)

I've seen everything from smart casual (pants and open shirts) to full dinner suits for the men, and tiny little cocktail dresses to full length, formal gowns for the ladies, and of course everything in between ;)

Just take the nicest thing you have hanging in the closet and enjoy your trip :D As long as you feel the outfit is "formal" enough, then it is :D

I've seen everything from smart casual (pants and open shirts) to full dinner suits for the men, and tiny little cocktail dresses to full length, formal gowns for the ladies, and of course everything in between ;)

Just take the nicest thing you have hanging in the closet and enjoy your trip :D As long as you feel the outfit is "formal" enough, then it is :D

I'm all for those tiny little cocktail dresses;)

Archived