Is a Penthouse worth it on POH

karen2cruz

Ok- I have dilemna. I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this board. We currently have a mini suite with an inside cabin cross the hall for a POH cruise. We have had a penthouse before and it's been incredible. However, with POH having service issues, is upgrading to an AB suite for the 5 of us worth spending the extra money on? This is so port intensive, will I really use a butler? Is the concierge on the ball on POH? I am used to the butler and concierge calling us to see if we need anything, but if I have to hunt them down and beg for their service, it doesnt seem worth it on this ship.

After all, other than making dining reservations and the full breakfast, we could use the extra money for some great excusrsions.:D

Opinions please

Ok- I have dilemna. I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this board. We currently have a mini suite with an inside cabin cross the hall for a POH cruise. We have had a penthouse before and it's been incredible. However, with POH having service issues, is upgrading to an AB suite for the 5 of us worth spending the extra money on? This is so port intensive, will I really use a butler? Is the concierge on the ball on POH? I am used to the butler and concierge calling us to see if we need anything, but if I have to hunt them down and beg for their service, it doesnt seem worth it on this ship.

After all, other than making dining reservations and the full breakfast, we could use the extra money for some great excusrsions.:D

Opinions please

The butlers and concierge we had on PoH in December were absolutely top notch, especially our primary butler. We certainly never had to track one down. He checked in and brought this and that at least twice a day and called at least once a day. He also called back promptly if he missed a call. The concierge was very efficient (but we really didn't use his services much over and above his usual duties of sending the invites, VIP tender tix, and information letters). I didn't hear one complaint about any of the butlers (some being more personable than others, but none being unprofessional). One of the other concierges did have some complaints (on another cruise date and reported here on the forums). There are many great perks with the penthouse and above on PoH. The VIP embarkation, VIP tendering for Kona, cocktail reception, concierge lounge (during the day--and how nice to be able to relax in there with a complimentary cocktail while waiting for our suite to be ready; that was the only day that alcoholic beverages were complimentary in the lounge, but what a nice start to the cruise), breakfast and lunch at the Cagney's satellite restaurant, some beverages, daily treats, reserved seating in the theater, etc.

It depends on how much more it is. I wouldn't spend thousands more on it.

On our cruise, the service was very good overall throughout the ship.

beachchick

Archived