4/5/07 Wonder cruise trip report

mom x4,grandma x4

There is only one adult only restaurant. It is called Palos.

The food is free , however they do charge a $10 fee that is for your gratuity, at least that is what I was told, although most seem to leave some cahs on the table too as they leave. This take about 90 minutes and is many courses, a nice dress place with a romantic atmoshpere.

They also have a brunch. most say it is even nicer than the dinner, although I have never been to it. My friends preferred it to the dinner and they loved the dinner, so bruch must be very good!!!

It is on deck 10 with lots of windows (AFT) and in the back part is the Captains personal dining room, of course they have doors to hide it but it is very nice too. if the doors are open, try to take a peek in.

Kathy

Kathy,

I have to say one of the greatest joys I get on this message board is reading your posts.

I LOVE your trip report and your pictures are to DIE for!!!

My family will be on this ship on May 31st. and I am even more excited now that I have sen your beautiful, wonderful pictures. You have given me more great info that any Cruise Critic report I have ever read, and I have been around this board since 1998 or so,,, lol. It has gone thru quiet an over haul since those days.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you and let you know how great your posts are!

Carla

Disney Wonder May 2007

Carnival Paradise Sept 2005

Carnival Jubilee August 2004

Carnival Facination March 2003

RCCL Grandeur June 1999

Carnival Celebration 1998

Emerald Seas May 1980(I was 14! lol!)

Thankyou Carla,

It feels good to know that I have helped answer somebodies questions or given them a good tip that has helped them to have a better cruise.

I wish you a very Magical cruise!!

I hope you will post a report when you return. So many dont do this and I just love reading other peoples adventures at sea.

The weather is great all over right now, so you should be in for a great time.

If this will be your first time at Castaway cay, be sure and explore the island. many get so caught up at the family beach they never see the game room or go down the runway to the 2 bike paths or the adult beach.

You can walk down the paths if you want, you dont have to rent the bikes, but it is quicker to ride. The obervation tower on the newest bike path has a great view!!

Kathy

I almost cried reading your post!! I just booked our family on the Disney Wonder for Sept 16 of this year!!! I am so excited! We are taking my parents, and our children are 15, 6, and 3. My 3 yr old tells everybody he is going on Mickey's boat! It is so cute!! This trip also helped potty train the 3 yr old;) . I was a little mean and told him that Mickey did not allow diapers on the his ship!!

Thank you for a great review!!! I am ready to go now!!

HH I am glad you enjoyed the report. I know that you'll all have a blast!!! it is something that is hard to put into words when you first step on to the ship and look up in the atrium at the huge chandelier, it all seem so real after all the weeks or months of waiting.

We have taken our grandkids ages 18 months to 16 years of age and they all had a fanatastic time. If I can help answer any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try to help.

If you havnt done so already, go to the DCL website and order the free DVD about the cruise. All of you will enjoy it, even the 3 year old.

Ths best tip I can tell you is to take your camera every where with you!! that includes all meals. Things just happen on the ship and you will just kick yourself for not having your camera.

Characters stroll around the deck in the afternoons and we have stepped out of the elevators many times and run into a characters too. You just never know what will be around the corner.

Have a magical cruise,

kathy

We do have the DVD and it is great!!! I wanted to see it before we booked!!

I do have a question for you... I noticed that the kids club starts at age 3, but when I registered on the Disney site it says that my 3 yr old is elegible for the nursery. Does that mean I have a choice between the nursery and the kids area???? He will be 3 1/2 and would not want to be with the babies. And I assume that the 15 yr old will come and go as she pleases in the teenage areas.

Also, will the 3 and 6 yr old be togther or in seperate groups???

Thanks!!!

3 to 7 years old are in the Oceaneers club together. Sometimes there are special events that the kids will break into age groups to do. maybe an art project that a 6 and 7 year old could do together while the younger kids are playing dress up.

There is a secret passage way the kids can go to the lab for special projects too. So they do move the kids around some according to what they are doing. But the basic area is all together, Hope that makes sense to you.

many 3 year olds are not all the way potty trained, that is why they can do either place. The nursery is for those who are NOT potty trained. Those who are trained can go to the club.

The club is free, the nursery is $6 per hour, 2 hour minimum and you arr limited to a certain amount of hours per cruise.

Teens have The stack for thier area. Be sure and have your teen go there the first night for open house to see the area. The first evening they have ice breaker games so the kids can get aquainted better. that really helps the teens.They have tons of events they can do or just hang out.

One thing I would suggest for a teen to make it easier to get aquainted would be for you to go to the Roll Call section of this site for Disney. look for your cruise date there. if youfind it, post there to get aquainted with others who will be cruising with you. Then ask if anyone has a teen coming along, if yes then exchange info so the kids can e-mail and get aquainted before the cruise, then they can meet on board. Our teens did this and really loved the idea of knowing someone before they cruised.

If you dont see your date there, start a thread for it yourself and ask about teens. Perhaps someone will post there to mee tyou befor eour cruise. You can do this on a few different boards if you want to and eventually youwill find others who are cruising with you.

Hope this helps some,

kathy

Archived