Anyone just off AOS??

Palla

We just got off last Sunday. Had a fantastic trip. Sorry, but cannot remember the CD for the life of me . I only remember his constant "BINGO,BINGO,BINGO" cry.

WE had a PR room on deck 8. The bedding was upgraded on Friday while we were in St. Thomas.

Since it was Spring Break, there were many teens but overall a very well-behaved bunch. THe ship was full but did not seem over-crowded.

Had the normal chair-hog incidents. I went up on the deck overlooking the bandstand by the main pool around 7 a.m. and someone had already put the towels on 4 chairs. They remained there until someone decided to move them around 11:30. The CH'ers showed up around 12:00 and proceeded to scream that they had been there the whole time and only gone to the Windjammer for lunch. Needless to say none of us who had been there backed them up. Another group behind us had 6 chairs saved by one person and the rest of the group did not show up until 2:00! At least it was great entertainment!

Ports were good. Weather was perfect everyday. We did the beach scene everywhere except St. Thomas (Our Shopping Day). St. Martin shops were closed in town due to Good Friday but the shops at the port were open. I was pleasently surprised with Curacao. The town was very picturesque and we also enjoyed the beach scene.

My DW and I were celebrating our 27 and 1/2 anniversary so it was nice that we were able to have a table for two in the dining room. Originally we were at a bigger table but a simple request to the head waiter gave us the privacy we desired. We enjoyed our servers, Cyrus and Gilbert, who kept us well fed. One night we metioned how great the desserts were and how hard it was to choose, so Cyrus showed up at the end of dinner with all the desserts from the menu!

We did Portofino on Thursday night (2nd Formal night) and had a very good meal, but not as great as I expected. I would probably do the main dining room from now on.

OUr PR room was excellent and our steward, Manual, did a great job. Hidss towel animals were the best!. Monkeys and Bats hanging from the ceiling wearing sunglasses were hilarious.:)

Don't miss - The Ice Show. I am not really big on the shows but this one was fantastic.

Cafe Promenade had great Pizza and Chocolate Chip cookies 24 hours/day.

THis was our first time on RC and we were so impressed that we booked a 12 day European Cruise next summer while on the ship.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I will be glad to answer any specific questions you amy have.

We did the Beach Fun Bus excursion on Curacao. The beach was Blue Bay Beach.If you do it yourself, it is a private beach but you can enter for $6.00/person. This includes chairs and you have the opportunity to park under a hut if available. The beach is sand but as you enter the water it turns into hard coral so you have to be a little careful. It is also great for snorkeling, and they have a dive shop as well as a bar on the beach. Somewhat secluded and non-commercialized. We loved it!

Archived