Does anyone bring home sand, sea shells, and pebbles as momentos

B8C

When in St Thomas on the legend we found a huge perfect conch while snokeling, we brought it on board the ship. Our room steward showed us how to get the animal out and thow it over board in pieces. We wrapped it very carefully in a few plastic bags for the trip home. No problem. Once home I buried it in my garden for two months, the ants ate any remenant animal from it, we washed it and it now is proudly on display in our living room, no smell, just beautiful!

I found a conch shell in St Marteen, but I was so scared to bring it on the ship :(

I really didn't know how I was going to bring the thing home.

Next Time.......if I can find one :D

I brought back a ziplock baggie of shells and sea glass that my mom & I picked up on a beach in Bermuda on my last cruise. Once I got home, I went to the craft store and bought a very simple wooden frame for a 4x6 photo and glued my finds all over the face of it, then picked a favorite picture from that cruise and put it inside.

I liked it so much that when I found shells on the beach last month on my trip to El Salvador, I kept looking and found enough (a sock foot full) to do it again for a memento of that trip.

• 4 weeks later...
I brought back a ziplock baggie of shells and sea glass that my mom & I picked up on a beach in Bermuda on my last cruise. Once I got home, I went to the craft store and bought a very simple wooden frame for a 4x6 photo and glued my finds all over the face of it, then picked a favorite picture from that cruise and put it inside.

I liked it so much that when I found shells on the beach last month on my trip to El Salvador, I kept looking and found enough (a sock foot full) to do it again for a memento of that trip.

You know, I have some pictures that were my Mom's that she bought many years ago in FL-I think that is a neat idea.

I have a bowl filled with pretty pebbles and shells that we have had for many years-it is of things we have collected from many vacations. Any more though, I rarely find a shell worth taking home. I will still obsessionally find a nice pebble to add to my collection.

Archived