Do You Meet Fellow CruiseCritics Onboard??

MandyGirl

Do you meet fellow CruiseCritics onboard your cruise?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you meet fellow CruiseCritics onboard your cruise?

• Definitely YES!!
    • Yes - if I can manage to make it by and time permits
    • No - my existence is limited to postings only
    • Depends on if I like the fellow posters I have met beforehand

On 7/31 HAL Zuiderdam I did not go to the CC meet because I was meeting with my wife's whole family. I did however meet one person in line for the Shore Excursion desk. She was spreading around her CC knowledge to everyone in line so I figured she must be a TA or from the CC boards. I asked and we recognized each other's names from the boards.

(Side Note: I read online about the $25 credit promo deal on the boards.. I got the TA to apply it to the whole family.. Definately a great way to get brownie points with the inlaws.) :)

Host Walt,

I tend to disagree with you statement that the first day is not a good day to meet people. We just returned from the Zuiderdam (7/321 - 8/7, 2004). Four groups from Cruise Critic planned to meet at the Ocean Bar right after the muster drill. Guess what, everyone was there(12 people), and everyone was easy to spot because the cabin numbers were listed on the orange life jackets. We all gave out our cabin numbers before we boarded. We talked for about 15 minutes, then some of us had to get ready for dinner. All week long, we bumped into each other. I think if we had waited until the second day (at sea), we would have forgotten. Also, not many people walk into a bar with their life jacket, so it actually was our "little cruise critic tag".

I have been to other cruise critic parties on the RCI lines. On a two day to nowhere on the Navigator of the Seas, we scheduled a meeting at the pool bar, and all five couples showed up. This meeting was done just by being on cruise critic.

On the other three seven day cruises, the cruise critic party was scheduled later on in the week. Only half of the registered people showed up. Of course, there had to be 25 signed up to have a party on Roayl Caribbean, but it is nice that RCI arranges a place and snacks.:) ;) :) ;)

:) Hi Again! My experiences have been similar to Since 81's. We've done the sailaway meeting on all four of our last cruises. The only one that didn't work out very well was on the Grand last Nov. One of the other CCers insisted that we all meet at this aft bar that was far removed from all the "action". It was a lousy party with LOTS of no shows. All the others were VERY fun with a great turn out, meeting at a more central bar right after the muster drill. We used post its and a lot of us had on Hawaiian shirts. :D Later....Oink! :)

Archived