Please help - flight time for return home - Dream

wishkc

I'm looking at flights after the cruise. The Dream arrives in N. O. at 8:00 a.m.. The flight situation looks terrible (Oct. 31 return flight). I can get a reasonably priced flight at 11:11 a.m.. For anything later in the day, it's at least $80 more.

1. Do you think I could make the 11:11 flight if I carry my own bags off the

ship?

or

2. Is it too early to be booking my flight for Oct. 22-31?

or

3. Should I book something now because it will only get worse?

Thanks for any and all advice,

Suzanne

Suzanne 11:11 is cutting it very close considering you have to check in 2 hours before your flight AND the ship arrives @ 8am. That doesn't mean you get off at 8am. You get off when Customs says you get off and not a minute before. If there is a non US Citizen onboard and their papers are not in order and there is a delay in the ship being cleared OR for some reason the ship is late getting back into port (hurricane season) you have no flexibility at all. Plus you have to get to the airport, assuming you are taking a taxi...what about traffic? At this point I would wait a while before booking that flight home. Maybe schedules and/or pricing will change in the next 30 days. You might even want to consider staying at a hotel that night and flying home the next day. You could probably find a hotel for less than $80 and save yourself a lot of stress. I say wait and see what happens.

Archived