AOS Easter 2007 Cruisers??

I would like to hear how this cruise was?? Weather, kids on board, service, islands and anything else you can comment on. We are looking into this cruise next Easter and have never cruised on a Holiday week :) or the Southern. Thanks

Well, this was my first ever cruise, so you'll have to take that into consideration. With that said, this was the best vacation of my life. The ports of call are incredible and you really can't beat the price for all you receive from RCI. I paid 4 times as much as I did for this cruise a few months ago for a stay at Sandals, St. Lucia...and this was way more than 4x better than that trip!!

To answer your questions...

-The weather was immpeccable. Every day was sunny and at least 85 degrees. There was a stiff breeze in the beginning of the week (the crew said Aruba and Curacao are know for this), but it was actually a soothing feeling with the hot sun.

-The kids on board were really not that bad. I actually expected more since I figured many children were off of school this week...but even the ones on board were (for the most part) well behaved.

-The service was excellent. This was perhaps one of the greatest things I took away from this trip...I was overly-impressed with the level of service that everyone provided; from my stateroom attendant (John) to my waitstaff (Kardi and Franklin) to the entire entertainment crew.

The one and only drawback I can point out for this trip is the tendency of the native PR's to act as if they own the ship. Now as I said in another post, I am not trying to draw any more stereotypes than already exist, however it was clearly evident to all my fellow cruisers and dinner- tablemates that the overall rudeness and raucousness of this bunch was unacceptable. We were actually told by an RCI member that the PR's are offered last-minute deals for as little as $399 per CABIN! Not per person, per CABIN!! Obviously this is a ploy to fill up otherwise empty rooms, however it has really taken away from the experience of all the normal-pricing customers.

But to leave on a positive note...this was still the best vacation of my life and I do plan to cruise RCI again (hopefully in the near future)...but just not from PR.

Well, this was my first ever cruise, so you'll have to take that into consideration. With that said, this was the best vacation of my life. The ports of call are incredible and you really can't beat the price for all you receive from RCI. I paid 4 times as much as I did for this cruise a few months ago for a stay at Sandals, St. Lucia...and this was way more than 4x better than that trip!!

To answer your questions...

-The weather was immpeccable. Every day was sunny and at least 85 degrees. There was a stiff breeze in the beginning of the week (the crew said Aruba and Curacao are know for this), but it was actually a soothing feeling with the hot sun.

-The kids on board were really not that bad. I actually expected more since I figured many children were off of school this week...but even the ones on board were (for the most part) well behaved.

-The service was excellent. This was perhaps one of the greatest things I took away from this trip...I was overly-impressed with the level of service that everyone provided; from my stateroom attendant (John) to my waitstaff (Kardi and Franklin) to the entire entertainment crew.

The one and only drawback I can point out for this trip is the tendency of the native PR's to act as if they own the ship. Now as I said in another post, I am not trying to draw any more stereotypes than already exist, however it was clearly evident to all my fellow cruisers and dinner- tablemates that the overall rudeness and raucousness of this bunch was unacceptable. We were actually told by an RCI member that the PR's are offered last-minute deals for as little as $399 per CABIN! Not per person, per CABIN!! Obviously this is a ploy to fill up otherwise empty rooms, however it has really taken away from the experience of all the normal-pricing customers.

But to leave on a positive note...this was still the best vacation of my life and I do plan to cruise RCI again (hopefully in the near future)...but just not from PR.

We were on the AOS the week before Easter. There was never an issue with PR's on our cruise. As a matter of fact, our newest best friends are from Puerto Rico. There was never any rude or loud people. This should not be an issue for this cruise. Have a great time. All of the ports are wonderful. Go in with a positive attitude and you will have the best vacation.

I am really surprised to hear that there were so many rooms available for Easter week. I have heard plenty of horror stories here on CC about the low rates given to PR natives and the language issues, rudeness, etc... but it seemed it was mostly Sept cruises. We have the AOS booked next Easter week and I have to honestly say I am a little nervous about this. :o but I am still going and planning on having fun!

To the OP - there is already a roll call for Easter cruisers on the AOS. I was on the Navigator this past Easter and we loved it. I guess there were a lot of kids but we never saw it as a real issue. I thought the teens were very well behaved and appropriate on our cruise. I was also talking to someone about Holiday weeks with cruises. Anyway you go (theme parks, hotels etc..) there will always be higher crowds. At least with cruises there is a capacity and those Voyager ships are almost full throughout the year anyway. It isn't like they are half full in January.

I say go for it!!

Thanks-I went to the roll call. I know we'll have full-just a bit nervous flying in to PR- there have been many mishaps, we will be coming in the day before, still snow in Michigan in March. I have heard of the discounts to the locals, too, seems like Easter would book up, this ship has the best price-even Princess was more. There are rude people no matter what, we always have fun.

I too was on the sailing of the AOS for easter. Like the other posts, the weather was great, the food in the dining room was good, not great, our dining staff was EXCELLENT...the best ever, chair hogs were around, ports were well worth seeing, and as for the PR's on the ship, there were a many who thought they owned the ship.

I would not go out of San Juan again unless I extended my trip on day post-cruise. The airport was a mess. The truck full of all the luggage facing you at the airport was scary...and just a hint, don't take the colored tags off your luggage at the end of the trip if you are flying or you will have to have your bags searced prior to getting in line at the airport.

Archived