Help - parking at Brisbane cruise terminal

howsthis

Hi guys, another question re brisbane terminal. My sister is worried about parking when she brings my mum down to join us. Is there usually enough parks there or do you have to park elsewhere? I think i read there is only 250 parks and I imagine there will be lots of people being picked up as well as dropped off. Hope someone can help, thanks.

Parking is limited and a problem....the surrounding streets are heavily parked out as well. The wharf does have a passenger drop off area to drop off passengers and luggage.

Link to the teminal attached, you might find more here.

http://www.brisbanecruiseterminal.com.au/content/cms/Terminal/4/

Cheers

Mark

Thanks, I have given that website to my sister but it doesn't really tell you about the parking except to say there are 250. Just wondering what they will do coming from 300km away. They want to stay to see the ship depart. Hoping someone has done this before and can give ideas, thanks.

The parking is quite limited. We have been out a few times to wave farwell and wishing it was us on the ship. Never mind only 2 weeks until we cruise Alaska :D:D. We have never really had a problem parking although I guess it depends on the time you get there. There is quite a bit of street parking but depends on how many people are having picnics in the large park opposite the terminal. Easiest thing would be to drop off the luggage and passengers and drive around to find a park and then walk back. There are some nice restaurants and cafes at the terminal to have a quiet drink before they depart. Mummsie :)

They want to stay to see the ship depart. Hoping someone has done this before and can give ideas, thanks.

If you can't get a car park at Portside to see the Pacific Star depart, another option is to go back across the Gateway Bridge to the other side of the Brisbane River and wait at the boat ramp at Colmslie, which is opposite and down-river from Portside. There is a jetty there that you can walk out on and the Star goes fairly close on her way under the Gateway Bridge (close enough to be seen and heard).

Archived