Priceline Hotel for 4/9/05 Miami Downtown Problems

Lindajlamarre

Why am I having problems getting PL to accept bid for a Miami Downtown 3 star (or 4 star or 2-1/2 star) hotel for 4/9/05??? I've bid $38 up to $47! Is there something going on in town that date or what??? Anyone else having problems getting Miami downtown hotel for April?

Thanks for any input...

Linda

It could be spring break in some areas, and it is probably too soon for the hotels to release rooms at bargain rates. I would try again, in January... In the meantime... Book a room on your own, that you can cancel. Most hotels will take a reservation, without payment, that can be cancelled 24-48 hours in advance.

I am having the same problems with getting a room for January 12th. I have tried several times on Priceline and can't find a reasonable rate on Hotwire. There are 10 of us so we need 3 rooms so I am getting a little nervous!

I have had the same problem for 1/1/05 and it could be anything...in my case it is football! Most of the rooms will not be given to Priceline yet so I would book a back up room and keep trying on Priceline and hope that it will finally pay off!

• 2 months later...

I would suggest going to one of the bidding help websites: biddingfortravel or betterbidding to see what bids are being accepted for those dates. I booked the Marina Marriott in FLL for 3/18/05 on 8/16/04 thru Priceline. The rooms are probably available but not at such low bids.

Archived